1

A/N: in this Eponine, Cosette and Marius share a large apartment, and they each live middle class lives. credit for plot and unchanged parts of the script go to the writers of friends.

THE CAFÉ MUSAIN

The latest meeting had just ended and everybody had scattered across the main floor of the Café Musain. Courfeyrac, Grantaire, Cosette, Marius, and Jehan are all sitting at a table.

"There's nothing to tell! He's just some guy I met on the street!" Eponine says. From the seat across from her, Courfeyrac replies "come on, you're going out with the guy! There's gotta be something wrong with him!"

"All right Courf, be nice... So does he have a hump? A hump and a hairpiece?" Grantaire mocks.

"Wait, does he eat chalk?" Jehan questions from beside Eponine. They all stare at Jehan bemusedly.

Jehan places his empty beer bottle onto the table and looks to everyone. "Just because, I don't want her to go through what I went through with Antoinette- oh!" He frowns and looks down. Grantaire pats him on the back before taking another swig at his own beer.

"Okay, everybody relax. This is not even a date. It's just two people going out to dinner and not having sex." Eponine explains.

"Sounds like a date to me." Courfeyrac says before earning a glare from Eponine. Enjolras then enters the café drenched from the rain outside and a mortified expression planted on his face. He had left the café right after the meeting was concluded for a walk in the rain to 'cure his depression.'

"Hi." He says after approaching the table and fiddling with the umbrella he held in his hands.

"This guy says hello, I want to kill myself." Marius says with his arm around Cosette, who lightly hits his chest. "Are you okay?" Cosette asks.

"I just feel like someone reached down my throat, grabbed my small intestine, pulled it out of my mouth and tied it around my neck..." He frowns.

"Cookie?" Courfeyrac asks holding out a plate to the sad man. Enjolras furrows his eyebrows at Courfeyrac, resulting in him turning away and eating the last cookie.

"Elenora moved her stuff out today." Cosette explains to the group. They all respond with nods and mumbling 'ooh's.'

Cosette kisses Marius' cheek before letting his arm drop off from her shoulders and patting Enjolras' arm. "Let me get you some coffee."

"Thanks." He mumbles before sitting down at an open chair beside Grantaire and Jehan. Madame Houcheloup then brings Grantaire a beer and notices Enjolras wet face. She groans and grabs a dry rag from her apron. She starts to wipe the rain dripping down Enjolras' face with the material. Enjolras shakes his head and pushes her hand away.

"No, don't! Stop cleaning my face!" She ignores him and continues. "No, Madame just leave my visage alone, okay? I'll be fine, alright? Really, everyone. I hope she'll be very happy."

"No you don't." Cosette says as she places a cup of coffee in front of Enjolras.

"No I don't, to hell with her, she left me!" He slightly shouts before chugging down his coffee and burning his tongue.

"And you never knew she was a lesbian..." Marius says as Cosette falls into his embrace once again.

"No!! Okay?! Why does everyone keep fixating on that? She didn't know, how should I know?" Enjolras says angrily, slamming his now empty cup onto the table.

Courfeyrac rolls his eyes and looks back to Enjolras. "Alright Enjolras, look. You're feeling a lot of pain right now. You're angry. You're hurting. Can I tell you what the answer is?" Enjolras gestures his consent.