Chapter 65: The Underdogs

Start from the beginning

"You... You are not human! You're something else!" One of the men shouted at her.

"That's not a very nice thing to say, is it?" Kaiyo asked, her voice slightly different because of her new mask.

She thrust her palm out towards him, a spike then impaling him in the face, and absorbing his skeleton. The man in the car beside him screamed and fired at her from just a few meters away.

Her chest plate cracked a little, causing her to stop momentarily. She scoffed and looked down, gesturing to herself. "I just made that, now I won't be able to use it again after this! You know what? I'm upset now."

She created an axe and cut the man's arm off to prove a point. Blood sprayed onto the car door and the floor as his arm and gun fell to the floor too. He couldn't even bring himself to scream before Kaiyo impaled him and also stole his skeleton.

"Hey, no fair, give us something to do!" Midas called out from behind the shield she made for them.

"I'll handle this one. Cops will be here soon, I'll make armour for you then to have fun. The difference between the Yakuza and the police is that the Yakuza doesn't shy away from illegal weapons." Kaiyo said, looking forward towards the incoming truck.

There was a heavily built man on top of it sitting in a seat that was bolted tightly to the truck's roof. As an attachment, the seat had a machine gun on it with plenty of ammunition to boot.

"You'll pay for their lives with your own! Say hello to my Sasha!" The man shouted as he aimed at Kaiyo and started shooting as the truck drove at full speed towards her.

She grunted, "This is such a pain..."

Kaiyo then used the majority of her reserves to make an incredibly thick shield in front of her, and cleats that sunk deep into the ground.

"Kaiyo what the hell are you doing?! Move!" Ribbon Dancer shouted to her, worried for her safety.

She didn't move though, and the machine gun wasn't doing too much to the shield. The truck drove headfirst into the shield she made, which stayed intact. The truck crumpled up against the bone wall, flipping over her from the inertia of hitting an immovable object, onto its roof behind her.

The Underdogs gawked at her as she reabsorbed all the shield and most of her armour, apart from the cracked chestplate. She also absorbed the other shield she made, and blew her hair out of her face.

"What are you standing around for? Let's go! Their base can't be far if they sent out their men after just a few minutes. To the left, let's finish the job."

She ran forward, the others trailing behind her as they were still somewhat stunned at her act of raw power, and turned the next corner to the left. Sure enough, there was a building that had a large garage, big enough for a truck to drive out of.

She waltzed in casually as fifteen members pointed guns at her. "There a reason we shouldn't shoot you right now?"

Laughing a little to herself, Kaiyo replied. "Well duh, it's because you're all dead."

"What?"

She sent out hundreds of tiny needles from her ribcage that pierced the hearts of everyone in the room at once, before stealing their skeletons too.

Sighing to herself, Kaiyo put her hand on her hip and looked at the meat sacks in front of her as she retreated the bones back into her outer ribcage.

The rest of the Underdogs had made it inside the building, Ribbon Dancer being the first to ask, "Was that it? Did we take over the territory?"

Kaiyo scoffed, "No, we still have the cops to deal with. But they won't be too hard to handle."