Chapter 15

Dream POV

I hear a light slam against the table across from George and I. I swiftly put my hand on George's knee, now looking at who slammed the table.

"Do you guys mind? Some of us aren't trying to lose our appetite!"

George has fear in his eyes. I can tell as he grips onto the fabric of my jeans. I pat my hand on his before aggressively standing up.

"Do you have a problem?"

My family swiftly turns their heads away to look at me. I give side glances to each end of the table. He tries to open his mouth but I quickly interrupt.

"Because it seems like you do."

"Well you don't see any of us making out with our partner!"

"Making out? He rested his head against my shoulder and smiled! Don't act like you haven't seen my aunt and her husband kiss at least twice while we've been here!"

I don't mean to sound rude but it's true. I'm happy for my aunt but for him to say this out rages me.

"I just think it's unnatural."

Unnatural he says. It's unnatural for me to love somebody of the same gender. I've never said it to George's face since we started dating but he knows I do.

I see George out of the corner of my eye. His head is down as he pulls on my pant leg trying to signal that he's uncomfortable. Of course he is. Who wouldn't be in this situation.

Without a second thought, I grab George's hand and pull him up. He's caught off guard and is still fearful as I pull him into a kiss in front of my whole family. His lips quiver. His eyes are wide but slowly close the longer I hold him. I pull away after three seconds or so and grab his hand tighter.

"I love this man and I don't care what you or anybody else has to say! I know I have family that loves me and I don't need your fucking approval." I say with passion in my voice. There's still a slight quiver in it.

He's in shock. Nobody has ever stood up to him like that. As I focus on the bald man with rage in my eyes, the rest of my family starts to clap. He looks around to see my family applauding George and I. He slams the table once more and walks to the bathroom.

George is embarrassed. Almost half the restaurant is watching us now. I quickly pull out my wallet and hand my aunt a twenty dollar bill. She tries to push it away but I insist.

I walk around the table with George slightly behind and say good bye to everyone. My family is extremely kind and caring to the short boy behind me. I can't help but smile as we walk out of the restaurant passionately.

George's POV

I can't believe Clay just did that in front of his whole family. I could never do that, even if nobody was around. I continue to watch my feet as Dream grips my hand tighter. His knuckles are white from the pressure.

We're standing by his car as he opens the door for me. I finally decide to break my eyes away from my feet and look up at the tall boy.

I quickly wrap my arms around his neck not knowing what else to say. I'm practically dangling from his height, so he grabs the back of my legs and hoists me up, holding me as I wrap my legs around his lower back.

I feel a small drop fall on my neck as I hold onto him tight. It feels like if I ever let him go he'll disappear. I can't help but reach up for his hair. It seems like every time we're this close I feel the need to touch it.

It's soft like a cloud. Almost like freshly baked bread. I lift my head up slightly to smell it hoping he doesn't notice. It smells like a fresh mint plant. I try to pull away but it's almost like a trans. I can't take my nose away from it. It's sucking me in.

All the sudden I feel my feet touch the ground and it's enough to remind me.. we're still in a parking lot. I loosen my arms from around his neck and look up.

His soft green eyes, yellow to me, look down into mine as he cups my face. I can't help but lean into it. He smiles and kisses my forehand softly. His lips are like soft cotton balls against my skin. Nothing can beat that feeling.

I slowly pull away and sit in the passenger seat. He swiftly rushes to his side of the car, acting like he can't bare another second without being right next to me.

The drive home is silent. I can tell he didn't want me to see that side of him. Seeing his family's reaction, I'm sure they've never seen it either.

From what I know, Dream never swears around his family because his mom would always beat down on him when he did. I can't help but smile and let out a breathe when I think of his mom nagging him. He doesn't notice.

We're about five minutes away from the house. I can tell Dream is getting more tense by the second. As we pull into his driveway and come to a stop, he tightly grips the wheel, turning his knuckles white.

————————————
I'm not very proud of this chapter and might are write it, but I like the idea behind it. Thank you guys for all the support :))

Sadly, I might be ending this story soon. I love the idea behind it and had so much planned but for some reason I haven't been happy with my writing and it's really beating me down. I'll probably be taking a break and not ending it though. thanks guys!