Chapter 2

Dreams POV

I haven't called them in so long.. my phones been going off for days. A part of me just can't pick it up. As I lay in bed looking up at my ceiling, I finally toughen up and decide to call them.

I pick up the phone and scroll down to George's contact. I feel a slight hesitation in my finger as my thumb moves closer to the call button. Do they really care that much?

I press call and each ring makes me more and more anxious. I suddenly hear a gasp of relief as George answers the phone.

"D- Dream?! Where have you been? Are you ok? What's going on?" George says on the verge of tears.

"George relax, I'm okay. I've just had something happen to me and I haven't really been on my phone.."

I hear George's breath quicken and I speak. I can't believe I made him worry like this. I didn't think he would care this much.

"RELAX?! How can I relax when my best friend hasn't said anything to anybody in over a week! What happened Clay?"

"George I'm sorry." I slowly feel tears come to my eyes as I try to squeak this out "My mom got into a car crash and she's in the hospital. I've been really worried. The doctors said she's been in a coma and no signs of recovery have shown." I feel more and more tears run down my cheeks but I try to keep my voice calm.

George POV

"Clay.. I'm so sorry. I know how much your mom means to you. I know everything will be ok. Trust me on that." I say in a tender voice.

"I hope your right George. I'll call you later today. I really need to call Nick and everybody else." I hear him hang up the phone without a goodbye.

Dreams mom means so much to him. He says it all the time. She is his favorite person and if she passes, I'm scared of what Dream will do.

I immediately hop onto my computer and look for plane tickets to Florida. They're all extremely pricey but I need to do this, for Dream. I buy the ticket for the day after tomorrow. I won't have much money after this but it will be enough to live.
I quickly take a picture of the ticket and send it to Dream.

Not even 5 seconds later, Dream calls me. I pick up hoping he isn't mad.

"GEORGE!" I hear Clay exclaim from the other side of the phone.

"Dream please don't be upset I-"

"Upset? George, you really didn't need to do this. I know your short on money right now. I would've been fine." He says in a low voice. I can tell he was crying again before he picked up the phone.

"It's ok Dream. I want to do this. I've always wanted to meet you and I think now is a good time. I want to be there to help Clay."

Clay says again on the verge of tears, "You didn't have to do this George. But thank you. When will you get here?"

"Day after tomorrow at noon. I got the closest ticket to today." I say with a slight smile on my face.

"Thank you George.. I'll pick you up then. Bye George."

"Bye Dream."

I hear him take a deep breath in as he presses the hang up button. I know he's excited but was now the right time? It has to be. I just want to help him.

I've never told anybody except for Nick but I'm really feel like I'm in love with Dream. I know he would never feel the same but I don't care. I've tried so many times to forget about it but every time I hear his soft voice my heart begins to beat faster and faster. Like I said though, he would never feel the same.

I begin to pack almost everything I have. I don't know how long I'll be there so I'm packing as much as I can. I feel a small scratch on my leg, it's Luna (George hasn't revealed his dogs name so we will call her this for the sake of it). I pick her up and cradle her in my arms.

"Your not supposed to be up here. But it's ok I won't tell anybody.." I say as I hold her tight. I feel her paw press against my chest as she starts to fall asleep. I lay her down gently on my bed and continue packing. I pack clothes for all types of weather. I heard Florida can be unpredictable.

I already have a few videos pre recorded and edited. It's only three but it should be enough for while I'm there. I look at the time and it's only 2 PM. I go down stairs to find something to eat. I haven't eaten yet today. I feel hungry, but still no appetite. I force myself to eat an apple anyways and I begin to feel a little better.

I go back upstairs and decide to do a short stream of MCC Practice just to hold all the fans over while I'm gone. I wont tell them what's happening or where I'm going, just that I won't stream for a while.

It's about 6 PM now. The clouds have slightly cleared but not much. I decide to take a shower and head straight to bed. I have to wake up super early tomorrow to catch the plane.

As I walk out of the bathroom from my shower, I see Luna standing on the bed wagging her tail. I put on a hoodie and lay down. I should really put her down stairs but I don't care. I don't know how long it'll be until I see her again. My parents agreed to take care of her while I was gone. I lay on my side as Luna presses against me and falls asleep.

——————————

Thanks for reading! I've had a lot of fun writing these and trying out new styles. I know George hasn't revealed his dogs name yet, so I called her Luna for the sake of the story. Stay tuned for the next chapter! It will be out today/tomorrow.