Chapter 10

George's POV

It's 4 AM. I wake up to see Dream sitting on the foot of the bed. I knew I felt cold as I slept. I slowly sit up trying not to disturb him and his thoughts. I quietly scoot up next to him.

He's looking down at the floor bouncing his leg. His hair lightly puffs up and down every time his foot hits the soft carpet. He leans on my shoulder without saying anything. I put my arm around his shoulder.

It's still dark but I can tell he was crying. He lightly grabs the bottom of my shirt and rests his forehead on my shoulder. I turn towards him and hold him into a hug. I hear him sniffle as he wraps his arms tightly around my neck. I run my fingers through his hair and ask him what's going through his mind.

"I miss her so much George. I would go to her house almost everyday but all that's been taken away from me. It should've been me in that god damn car crash. She didn't deserve it."

I feel his tears run down my shirt as he grips around my neck harder. I put my hands on his face and look him dead in the eyes. He looks shocked. I can't tell he isn't used to being held like this.

"Clay. Listen to me. You do not wish you were in that accident. I understand everything feels like it's going down hill, but everything will work out. I don't know what I would do without you Dream. I know the funerals going to be tough today but I know you can get through it. So please just lay down. Tomorrow is going to feel long and I want you to get as much rest as you can."

He wipes the tears off his cheeks and nods. I walk out to the kitchen to get him a glass of water. When I come back I see him still sitting up but he's under the covers this time. I hand him the water and sit next to him. He slowly drinks the water and sets it down on his night stand.

He looks at me and smiles. I ruffle his hair with my hand and he laughs. We both lay down on our backs. After about 3 minutes he lightly grabs my waist and hugs me as I drift off to sleep.

Dreams POV

A bright shine of light runs through my window. I look at George. He's still fast asleep. It's 8 AM and I think to get up, but looking at his cute face as he sleeps makes me want to stay. We have about 3 hours until the funeral. I decide to lay back down and hug George closer.

After about 20 minutes of holding him, I hear him slowly wake up. I prop myself up with my left arm and look over at him. He opens his eyes softly then looks up at me from the side. He tries to cover his face and smile. I laugh at his cute face while standing up.

I put my hand out to help him up and he takes it. I noticed he was cold after getting out from under the blanket. I hand him one of my hoodies. It's just plain black one but he always keeps the hoodies I give him. He looks up at me and turns red. I giggle and grab a hoodie of my own.

George's POV

Dream hands me one of his hoodies and leaves the room. I throw it on over my shirt. It smells just like him. I should go join him in the kitchen but the smell of this hoodie has me frozen in place. I can't stop thinking about how it smells just like him.

After about 30 seconds of standing there, taking in all the smells, I snap back into it. I walk to my room and throw on a change of pants. We have about 2 hours until we have to leave.

As I walk out to the kitchen I hear Dream starting to make breakfast. He has eggs, bacon, and pans laid out on the counter. I scoot up next to him and grab a pan he has on the counter. I put it on the stove and ask him how he likes his eggs. Scrambled, he's so basic but you can never go wrong with scrambled.

I can tell he's still upset but he tries to smile when I look at him. We laugh and mess around in the kitchen. We obviously make a few Technoblade jokes as he cooks the bacon.

I grab the plates and serve our breakfast. We smile at each other as we go sit down. After eating our big breakfast we sit at the table and laugh for almost an hour. I'm glad that I can take his mind off of everything. I just want him to be happy.

Dreams POV

We talked and laughed for over an hour. I could tell he was happy. The way his eyes squinted when he smiles made everything in me feel warm and fuzzy. I rest my elbow on the table and prop my head up with it.

I notice his face go red as I look into his soft brown eyes. His big smile softens as he does the same to me. He really knows how to make me smile. I could sit here forever and look into his dark hazel eyes. The sun shining through the window behind him makes it seem like I'm looking at an angel, and I practically am.

After almost three minutes of just starring into each others eyes, I hear my phone lightly buzz from across the table. I just want to keep looking but feel the need to check my phone. I lightly smile hoping he understands. I reach for my phone and read the text.

"It's my aunt. She's on the way to the funeral. We should get ready. We need to leave in about 40 minutes."

I quickly stand up and grab the plates. I slide them next to the sink and tell George I'm taking a shower as I turn around the corner.

George's POV

I sit there semi upset. I understand I have to get ready but I already miss looking into his emerald green eyes as they glowed in the sun. I sit there for a few seconds and get up. I hear Dream turn on the shower from a far as I walk into my room.