Chapter 11

George POV

I walk into my room waiting for Dream to finish his shower. It's only been 5 minutes but it felt like hours. I grab my light blue towel as I hear the shower turn off. I walk out of the room thinking Dream has already made it to his.

I open my door and the one straight across from me does the same. Clay has a towel wrapped around his waist with his dirty clothes in hand.

I look at his wet blonde hair as the water from it drips down his face. He can tell I'm shocked while seeing him in that state but I can't stop starring. His hair looks so much different when wet. I can tell he combed it back to keep it out of his face.

A part of me keeps wanting to look below his chin but I have to stay focused. I laugh nervously as my peripheral vision catches a glance of Dreams chest. He apologizes and walks to his room like nothing happened. I sat and there for a second still in shock.

The second I hear his door close I take a deep breathe in and shake my head. I walk into the bathroom and lock the door. I turn on the shower hoping he hasn't used all the hot water. There was enough left for me to have a comfortable shower.

I lightly throw my towel onto the counter and change out of my clothes. After taking his hoodie off I can't help but give it one last smell. I smile and fold it on the counter. I get in the shower and take about 5 minutes or so. I use Dreams soap and shampoo hoping he doesn't mind. The travel soap I brought with me 3 weeks ago is long gone.

I turn off the shower and step onto the bath mat. I hear Dream playing music from his room and smile. I grab my towel that's sitting on the counter. As it unfolds a small piece of paper glides to the floor as I wrap the towel around my waist. I bend down and pick up the slightly damp paper.

I open it and see a small, semi poorly, drawn heart. I look in the mirror as my face turns slightly pink. I fold up the paper and hold it tightly. I open the creeky bathroom door and look both ways down the hall. Dream is still in his room so I take my chance to rush across the path into my room.

I spend about 15 minutes in there. I frantically dry my hair and body. I put a light layer of gel in my hair so it doesn't look so mangled. I throw on the nice clothes I got 3 days before the funeral. I look in the mirror making small fixes to my hair and shirt. I look down to see the heart Dream drew. I swiftly grab it and put it in my front pocket as a reminder.

I take a deep breathe and confidently step out of my room. I walk around the corner and my eyes immediately land Dream. He's leaning with his shoulder on the wall scrolling through his phone. He's wearing a brown suit with a tie. I tried to seem confident but seeing his slicked back hair and perfect freckles make my heart melt. I feel my eyes soften as he looks up.

Dream POV

I nervously wait in the living room. I look in the window trying to see my reflection and fix the tiny details on my suit and in my hair. After I'm content with how I look, I light lean against the white wall and wait for George.

He walks around the corner but I'm still looking down. I hadn't noticed him yet but after about 10 seconds I look up to see him in a black suit and tie. His hair has a thin layer of gel. I give a smile or reassurance while looking into his dark brown eyes. He laughs nervously while rubbing the back of his neck with his left hand.

As I stand up straight to get a better look at him, he takes a few steps towards me while reaching into his front pocket. He holds a small piece of paper between his pointer and middle finger. I smile knowing exactly what it is.

He lightly grabs my tie and looks me straight in the eyes.
"You're quiet the flirt aren't you Clay?"

I look down to see him almost 4 inches away from my face. I've never felt this way with somebody. The tip of his shoe hit mine as he looks at me from below. I'm not used to being in this position with somebody so I nervously smile and try to play it off.

"I know I'm pretty great huh?" My voice has a light stutter to it as I try to speak with a confident voice. He laughs and lightly pushes me as he steps back.

"You look great Dream. I could never pull off brown that well!"

My face turned into a light shade of red as he fixed my tie. He takes a step back to look at me once more. He looks me up and down while smiling confidently. He can tell I'm nervous. He puts his hand out signaling that everything will be ok.

I light grab it as he leads us to the front door. I reach for the keys hanging next to the door but George swiftly grabs them before I can. I let out a light chuckle. Patches is sitting near the door. I quickly turn around as I feel her rub against my leg. I give her a good few pets and say my good byes. She let's out a light mew and enters my room.

George rubs my back in small circles as he locks the door. I start to walk to the car but George quickly rushes in front of me to open the passenger door. I laugh at his gesture and get in the car. He sits next to me as I start to fiddle my thumbs.

George POV

I start the car and notice Dreams boney fingers collide with each other as each second passes. I rest my hand on his moving thumbs. He looks up at me with worry in his eyes. I give him a smile as I look into his glossy eyes.

He smiles back and holds my hand. I take the car out of park and start to pull out. I feel Dream grip tighter on each bump. I make sure my hand doesn't leave his for even a second.

After about 30 minutes of driving in the city. We make it to a light yellow meadow with a big hill at the end of the road. Dream was looking out the side window before but once the hill was in our vision, he couldn't take his eyes off of it. I knew that was where we needed to go.

——————————

hello! I know this story is small and has very little reads compared to othe ratifies but it means a lot to know somebody took time out of their day to read my work. to anybody who reads anything of mine, thank you! I hope this story gets out there and more people read it one day.