Chapter 12

Dream POV

As we get closer and closer to the tall apple tree that used to look so far, I started to lightly tap my foot. George didn't notice the subtle bobs of my foot. He slowly pulled his hand away from mine as he turned the car onto the side of the road. We were there.

My foot tapping became louder without me even noticing. He puts his hand on my arms and gives me the most reassuring smile I've ever seen. I give him a nervous smile back and step out of the car.

I lightly stumble as we follow the narrow path leading us to the top of the tree. George notices my shaky knees and slowly grabs my hand and interlocks our fingers. Without even having to look at him, I immediately feel more confident. We get to the top of the hill to see almost all of my family.

George POV

Clay is walking better and looks less nervous as I hold his hand. We get to the top of the hill and all the sudden 20 pairs of eyes look back at us. A few seem to notice our hands but most don't. They all stand up walking towards Clay. I take a light step to the side as his family gathers around to give him a hug.

I smile as he hugs back his energetic family. He looks over at me through the crowd forming around him. He's much taller than most of them so it wasn't to hard for him. He lightly waves his hand, motioning me to come over. I walk around the crowd and I'm to the right behind Dream.

As his family starts to back up, he lightly pulls me forward as everybody gives Clay looks of concern.

Clay clears his throat and proudly says, "Everybody this is my bo-"

He looks over at me trying to find out if he's allowed to say boyfriend. I lightly nod my head as he finishes his sentence.

"My boyfriend George."

All the sets of eyes that were at one point watching Dream all the sudden landed on me. I rub the back of my neck hoping for the best. I give a nervous smile and wave. The amount of instant love and support really made me feel welcome.

I noticed a semi short and bald figure stand in the back giving me subtle looks of disgrace. I don't mind it and continue to focus on Dreams lovely family.

Dream POV

After my family settles down, they slowly disperse and sit in their chairs. I see two chairs in the front that say reserved. Knowing those are our seats, I grab George's hand and walk him to the row with our seats. After about 5 minutes of talking to family near me a man comes out in black and pulls out a book. It's time.

My leg starts to bounce and George immediately noticed. He looked up at me as I continued starring down. He set his hand on my knee and looked forward to the soft voiced man. I look at his hand as my leg slows down.

Just looking at his perfect hands calms my racing thoughts. Even though I'm fine and showing no signs of anxiety, George insist on keeping his hand there. Almost like it's glued down.

After the soulless man finished talking. He asked if anybody had any words. After that, it was open casket. As my teary eyed family members stood one by one giving two minute speeches, I feel everything close in on me.

It's getting hard for me to breathe. I know I need to get out of there. There's a bathroom at the bottom of the hill. I tap George's knee as he turns his head away from my crying aunt.

"I just need to go to the bathroom really quick. I'll be right back."

George is slightly suspicious but doesn't question me. I quickly stand up and walk around everybody. Nobody seems to notice. As I jog to the bottom of the hill I feel my breathe get shorter and shorter. I'm so close I can't just collapse here.

I can't make it so I run to a smaller tree near me. I slam my back against it pulling down on my hair. Tears automatically roll out of my eyes. My back rubs against the tree as I hit the ground. I don't even care about my suit at this point.

After about 5 minutes of struggling to breathe I hear quick steps come up behind me.

————————————

Hey sorry this chapter is so short! but I wanted there to be a slight cliff hanger. Nothing big though. Chapter 13 will be out tomorrow! thanks for reading. have a good day/night! 💞