26

"So what was it, exactly?" Stark asked. The two of us were sat at the dining table.

I shrugged. "I'm not sure- maybe some kind of energy. It was super strong, though."

"Right." Stark said. "You said she saw you?"

"Well, not exactly." I said. "She knew someone was there. I don't think she actually saw me."

"Okay." He said. He was writing all of this down as I explained it.

I yawned loudly then- I'd fused with the lightning at least three times, and was beginning to feel the after effects of doing so.

"She ran fast, too?" Stark asked.

I nodded. "I reckon she could run faster if she wanted to."

I saw Stark scribble down the words 'super speed', with a question mark next to it.

"Okay, this is good, Millie." Stark said. "Keep this up, and we'll be back home by the end of the week."

I smiled. "Nice. Is Tina about? I haven't seen her for a while."

"Tina is particularly busy with her case." Stark said, but he didn't expand on that.

"Oh." I said.

"She's fine, though, so you don't need to worry." Stark smiled.

I nodded, before heading back upstairs to do some homework.

__________

The next day, I had double history, followed by double art in the afternoon. It was at the end of the day, as we were walking down the drive, that Amy asked if I wanted to go back to her house.

"I could really use your help on the P.E coursework." She said.

I nodded. "Sure." I said. "Although, I don't know how much help I will be."

She chuckled. "We can work on it together." She said, before we got into her car and drove to her house.

Of course, I'd seen the house just the day before, but only from a distance. Up close, it seemed even bigger- perhaps the same size as the Country Base I'd been to. It had ivy snaking up the walls, and big, arched windows.

"Your house is huge." I said as we walked up to it.

"It's the Ravenspire Manor." Amy said. "It's been in our family for generations."

"That's awesome." I said, and we walked inside.

"My uncle is at work at the moment, so it's just us." She said.

I nodded. The entryway was big, with a grand staircase just to the left. Amy walked past the stairs, and through some double doors to the kitchen.

"You want a drink or anything?" She asked.

"Um, tea would be great, thank you." I said.

She smiled, nodded, and then put the kettle on. She then looked at me. "So, uh, what were you doing at my house yesterday?"

I looked at her, not quite sure what to say. Should I lie? How did she even know I'd been there? What had she seen, exactly?

She chuckled. "It's okay, Mollie." She said. "Don't look so terrified. I've known that there was something unusual about you from the moment you walked into our classroom on Monday."

"You did?" I asked. "How?"

"Well, I'm guessing you saw something yesterday, and judging by how you're dealing with it, I can only assume that you've dealt with this kinda thing before."