He looks at the tickets, then us, and smiles. "I appreciate it. Thank you."

Looking towards his mate, I give her a smile. "I'm sorry for everything, Mira. It honestly was never my intention to hurt you and I apologize for doing so."

She shakes her head, blushing, and pulls me into a hug. "It's fine; I know you have no feelings for Claus nor any bad intentions with him. You were always a kindhearted person in school, so I know if there's anyone I can trust in this situation, it's you. And I'm thankful you're taking care of him."

I hug her back and laugh. "You're right. He's more of an uncomfortable log who doesn't know how to quit being so formal with me."

Giggling, she takes her spot at his side again. "You're not wrong."

"Hey!" he defends. "I've gotten a lot better."

"Have fun on your trip, guys. You leave tonight."

"What about my position?" he asks, looking between both of us.

"It's just two days," I chuckle. "We'll be able to run the pack no problem. Go enjoy yourselves before the real stress begins."

"Yes, Alpha. I'll see you guys later."

They both laugh when I roll my eyes and cross my arms. While Dominic and I see everyone off, the all too familiar car of Link's pulls around the driveway and I leave Dominic's side to tackle him into a hug once he's out. Link groans, arms wrapping around me, and I giggle.

"Hi, Link. What are you doing here?"

"Eric's busy and I missed my favorite girl." he chirps too enthusiastically.

"What are you planning?"

He grins cheekily at me. "I wanted to go somewhere tonight..."

"And?"

"And I want you to go with me."

I scoff underneath my breath and shove at his shoulders. "You used to care about me and be my friend. Now you only use me when Eric is busy."

Dramatically pouting, he grabs my waist after I turn around, throwing me over his shoulder. I let out a loud stream of curses, doing my best to get someone's attention, and I resort to kicking his chest.

"Ow, dammit, Lia." he growls. "Stop hurting me."

"Let me go!" I yell.

"Go with me!"

"I don't want to!"

"I want you to!"

"Stop using me! We were friends!"

"We are friends!"

Biting his leg, he yelps and drops me, my back hitting the porch with a hard thump. Groaning, I look up into the dark eyes of Dominic as he looks between me and Link who was rubbing his thigh. "He's hurting me," I whine.

"Is that so?"

"No!" Link objects. "I just want her to go with me tonight and she's refusing!"

"Where to?"

His cheeks turn pink and he shyly looks away. "I have a blind date with someone tonight. I was going to ask her to go with me, and if she said yes, I was going to tell her to find someone to go with, so she isn't a third wheel."

"Ooh, who is he?" I ask.

"I don't know. His name is Harlan and we met online but that's all I know."

I hum, taking Dominic's hand thankfully, and smile up at him. "Want to go with me?"

"Sure. Should we sit at the table with you, Link, or elsewhere?"

"With us is fine." Link's face brightens as he smiles and pulls me into a hug. "It's going to be formal so look hotter than your normal self."

I shove at his shoulder with a smirk, both him and Dominic following me to my Jeep, and I lean on the door. "I guess just come to the house with us then?"

"I'll meet you there."

I wait for him to get into his own vehicle before Dominic and I follow, his hand resting loosely on my thigh while I drive. Every now and then, it slides up in a teasing manner, bringing a smile to my face, and I take his hand in mine, only dropping it when we get to the house. Link, already there, types furiously on his phone while I unlock the door and make my way upstairs. I consider a shower, running my fingers through my hair, and drop my clothes to the floor once I'm in the safety of my bedroom.

I hum to myself while the boys talk downstairs, filtering through outfits, and pull out a strapless black dress to compare it to a skirt and sweater. While I think it over, I turn on my heel, jumping back when I stare at the man who was standing across from me.

"Don't speak." he orders.

Everything about him set me off and I could immediately tell that he was a rogue. His eyes glimmer when he stares at me, taking their way down my body, and my ears twitch when the boys laugh loud downstairs.

"Shut the door."

I obey, clenching my jaw hard enough that it brings up a migraine, and I use my clothes to hide my body as best as I could. "What can I help you with?"

He crosses the distance, smelling too strong of ash and disease, and I flinch away when his finger trails down the space between my breasts. "There's something I want from you, and you're going to give it to me."

"Which is?"

The boys grow quiet for just a moment and both the rogue and I freeze. He chuckles, thumb trailing Dominic's mark, and I hiss between my teeth as it burns. His laughter is low in my ear when he leans close, gripping my hips. "Your house is surrounded. If you make a sound, both your lover and friend will die."

My eyes feel hot at that and I nod, complying. I send a quick link without his knowledge, telling the guards to get here as fast as possible, and gasp when his hand tightens around my neck. Chuckling, his other hand works through my hair and grabs a fist full to pull my head to the side. Dominic's voice worriedly fills my head, wondering what was going on, and I was honest with him while the rogues mouth works along my neck.

I knew Link was at danger here, and hoping that Dominic was taking care of it, my hands tremble by my sides when he sinks his teeth into my shoulder. His hand covers my mouth when I let out a cry of pain, gripping his shirt to shove him away. When my head spins and my arms fall limp to my sides, he lets go, wiping the blood from his mouth with a wicked grin.

"Let's see how much he'll want you after you're tainted."