Cole, sad, shakes his head at me. "How dare you throw me to the wolves."

All is quiet before we all start laughing, me claiming my chair behind my desk. At the light knock, I freeze, looking over at Dominic who nods his head to Cole. My anxiety eases up when he pulls me into his lap, grinning cheekily at Dominic who only glares at him.

"So, Lia, this is Isabelle. My Beta."

I wave, smiling. "It's a pleasure to meet you. I was surprised when I was told his new Beta was a girl."

"So was my mate. He didn't even know I was a consideration."

Cole swivels us when Jamie walks in, making sure I couldn't see him right away. I knew Dominic was steadily getting more and more pissed at the way Cole's arms were loosely around my waist, his chin propped on my shoulder. Even when I go to move, he whines, causing me to roll my eyes.

"So, am I just here to see Lia flirt with everyone or what?"

Cole spins us, reluctantly letting me up with the look that Dominic gives him. It wasn't a glare and instead it was a neutral expression that chilled the room at least twenty degrees. I smirk and take my seat back, sticking my tongue out at him even when he slides up behind the desk with me. Isabelle, quiet, starts to giggle.

"You two really are something else," she chimes.

Jamie, finally noticing, raises an eyebrow. "Who's this?"

"My Beta." Cole replies, his voice cold.

"So!" I start. "Let's drop the tension. Dominic, this was your call. What's going on?"

"It's about the attack that was supposed to be on my pack. Since I'm here now, I'm worried they're going to target your pack which puts you in even more danger."

"Because once our relationship became public, I was going to be a target."

"Basically. Cole and I were talking things over, and we decided we need to come up with a plan to ensure your safety along with your packs."

Jamie, taking a seat across the desk, looks at him. "So, what have you thought about?"

"We're doing our best to protect the pack as is, but it seems there's someone letting rogues into our lands. What Cole and I were discussing is, if we can't protect, then we must defend. We were considering cross training."

"Cross training?" I ask. "So, Cole's warriors and ours?"

"Pretty much." Cole replies, slinging an arm over my shoulder. "Dominic already knows the state his warriors were in when he handed me the pack, and he's getting yours up there, too, with his training. We were thinking one day this week or next we mix the two packs to see how well they work together."

"That's not going to work," Jamie tells him. "If you haven't noticed, no one in our pack liked Dominic to begin with and they're definitely not going to like his warriors."

"I think it's a good idea." I mutter.

"Then you're not putting the packs safety first, Liana. You're putting your boyfriend and his old attachments first."

"Are you serious?" Knowing my anger was getting the best of me, I clench my jaw. "I'm literally going to be their number one target. Everyone else will just be in their way."

"Then you shouldn't have been with him!"

I growl. "I'm allowed to be with whoever I want to be with, Jamie. Why have you still not understood that you rejected me? You lost your chance!"