Chapter 8: I'm aware

(It's 1:30 and I can't sleep so here's a chapter)

Nevaeh's POV:

My eyes slowly opened and I took in my surroundings.

Memories from last night flooded my mind the more I stayed awake, I was debating on closing my eyes and attempting to sleep a bit longer to put off talking about it with anyone.

When I heard Court snore, I knew I wasn't going back to sleep. I sat up as quiet as I could and removed Courtney's arms and legs from around my body, sliding out of bed as I did so.

I slid open my closet door and put on my black slippers as well as a hoodie over my laced bra.

"It's too early to be alive" I mumbled to myself as I made my way down the stairs and into the kitchen.

The clock on the stove read 8:27.

Fuck.

I put some water into the coffee machine and got my mug ready for the goodness that was being made.

After a few minutes the coffee was finished being made so I poured some in my mug and began to add creamer and what not.

My once happy expression turned into a pissed one when I heard light footsteps coming toward me.

Ariana.

I tried my best to hurry up so I could attempt to avoid her but in doing so, I spilled a bit of the hot liquid onto my hand and the counter.

I heard her giggle and I tried my best not to smile.

She stepped a bit closer, her fingers attempting to touch my hand but failed to do so when I moved.

"Hey can we talk?"

I almost instantaneously shut her down.

"I don't think we have anything that we need to talk about. You were pretty clear on how you felt yesterday so what else would we need to discuss Ariana? Besides, I have an English exam to study for so I'd appreciate it if you and Davonte can keep it down" I said with a small smile at the end before walking away, only to stop after a few feet when she decided to speak.

"You and Courtney were loud enough for my neighbors could hear"

I turned to face her only to roll my eyes.

Ariana's POV:

"You don't even have neighbors Ariana and what the two of us do doesn't concern you, you're not my girlfriend so stop acting like it"

"I'm not acting like your girlfriend Nevaeh but if whatever is going on between you and my best friend is happening under my roof then yes, it does concern me"
"I'll make sure it doesn't happen under your roof next time. Her G-Wagon has a spacious backseat"

She sent a smirk my way before heading up the stairs back to her room.

"Fuck you Nevaeh"
"You already did Ariana"

I let out an audible groan and headed back to the kitchen for a cup of iced black coffee, my favorite.

Toulouse and Myron came and rubbed up against my legs, I was smiling for a split second before I heard Courtney and Nevaeh laughing and screaming.

To make my morning even worse, I heard my so called best friend coming downstairs and I couldn't help but roll my eyes and let out a groan.

I heard glass shatter and looked down on the island where I was standing to see my hand in a fist and one of my favorite cups in pieces.
"Fuck" I mumbled as I cleaned up the broken glass.

"Hey Ari, how's your morning?" Courtney asked when she walked into the kitchen, wearing one of Nevaeh's shirt.

"Fan-fucking-tastic" I said sarcastically, lifting the cup of coffee to my mouth and taking a drink.

"Nevaeh was talking to me about her ex last night before we went to bed and..."

I tuned her out for a bit, just in time to hear her last words.

"I can't believe her ex fucked up and let her go, she's perfect"

A wide grin played on her lips as she spoke about Nevaeh, making my blood boil.
"I'm aware"

-

About halfway through recording one of my songs at Tommy's, my mom began to blow my phone up talking about how much she's missed me and of course Nonna chimed in and made me feel bad about not seeing them.

So I ended up not finishing recording and decided to arrange a "road trip" to Frankie's house which was like 6 hours away from mine.

My mom and Nonna were there as well as my brother obviously. I figured I could make time to see my family.

I called up Dalton who eagerly answered.
"Hey beautiful"
"Pack your things, we're going on a road trip- I mean don't actually pack your things because it's only like 5 hours away but you know what I mean"

He laughed loudly, making me smile.

"Be ready in like an hour, I'm on my way back, make sure to tell the love birds as well please and thank you"
"Will do, where are we going?"
"Ummm to my brother's, my family wants to see me and I don't want to go alone. I know everyone in the house is kinda going crazy being cooped up so I figured it'd be fun to go on a mini road trip"

"It sounds fun and I can't wait, see you later babe"

He hung up.

Nevaeh's POV:

Courtney and I laughed all the way outside of Ariana's mansion to her Tesla, I could tell she was pissed although Dalton's bitch ass couldn't.

I immediately climbed into the backseat and Dalton sat in the passenger seat assuming Ariana was gonna drive.

"So who's driving?"
"Not me, I'm probably gonna nap" I said putting on my seatbelt and getting comfortable.
"Court?"

Dalton and Courtney were in the front seats, she was driving and Dalton was playing nothing but Kanye for hours, giving me a headache.

I ended up kicking him off the Bluetooth and connected my phone, playing 'Hypnotized'

(If you don't know this song, please stop reading my books🤍)

"You got me so hypnotized, the way yo' body rollin' 'round and round"
"That booty keep bumpin' titties just bouncin', up and down" Courtney and I screamed the lyrics to each other as the other two laughed and sang lowly.

Ariana and I had yet to speak to each other, every advance she's made to talk to me, I shut her down. There's nothing that we need to talk about, she told me how she felt and I have to deal with that.

-

We had less than 2 hours left until we reached Frankie's house and Ariana had fallen asleep on me.

I was hesitant at first but I eventually caved.

Her head rested on my chest as soft sighs escaped her lips, she looked so beautiful.

A smile made its way onto my face as I continued to watch her, occasionally stroking her arm.

It hurts to know that you will never look at me the way that I look at you.