Chapter 18: Very cliché

Ariana's POV:

I rolled over with a smile on my face expecting to see my girlfriend but instead I was met with an empty bed.

Bullshit.

Absolute bullshit.

I turned so I could lay on my back, letting out a heavy sigh before I sat up and rubbed my eyes. The white duvet rested on my thighs while I checked my phone for messages from Nevaeh.

(Let's pretend they sent them at different times and it's not August 4th🥸)

After reading Scooter's message, I decided to start the recording for 'Won't Say I'm in Love' since I didn't know where Nevaeh was and I'm too lazy to head downstairs and search for her

About an hour and multiple takes later, I figured it would be best if I took a break and ate something so I went downstairs. As soon as I stepped past the 6th step, an upbeat Bad Bunny was heard coming from what I'm assuming was the kitchen and my girlfriend.

I crept down the rest of the stairs and walked into the kitchen, leaning against the wall as I watched my girlfriend dance and sing like nobody was watching. The black shorts she was wearing hugged her thighs deliciously.

(I've always wanted to say deliciously in a sentence 😏)

Her hips rotated slowly, matching the beat of the song and made my mouth hang open as I stared. A few more moments of her dancing had passed before I couldn't take it and snuck up behind her.

My arms wrapped around her waist as I kissed her neck softly with a smile. She laughed in response to my sudden actions and said, "Happy Valentine's Day dummy"

(Does the timeline in the story make sense? Not one fucking bit 😈🥶‼️)

I let go of her and stepped to the side of the counter after kissing her cheek.

"Chocolate covered strawberries? Very cliché, very cute"

She used her hand to circle around everything laid out on the kitchen island, "This was just a little taste of what I'm making"

Curious, I asked, "What else are you making?"
"Can't say, it's a surprise"

I went to pick up one of the strawberries but my hand was pushed away by Nevaeh, "Can I have one of these?"
"No but you can have some chocolate"

Before I could politely decline the offer, she reached into the bowl and wiped some of the melted chocolate onto my mouth.

I sighed in defeat and we both laughed.

"You look,"

She paused to wrap her arms around my neck, "absolutely adorable"

We both instinctively leaned in for a kiss but the one turned into two, then three, and before I could continue she broke things apart. Nevaeh clearly wanted to get back to what she was doing but I craved her attention.

I grabbed her hand and turned her to face me.

"Baby,"

I took a step back, my hand still within her grasp but far enough to take in her entire appearance. My eyes moved from her breathtakingly gorgeous eyes down to her plump, soft, and oh-so kissable lips before landing on her two beautiful b-

She snapped her fingers in front of my face with a smile, "My eyes are up here"
We both laughed, her louder than me before I responded to her, "I know where your eyes are but that's not where I was looking"

I watched her eyes roll back as another smile took over on her face.

I pulled her into me and switched my attention from her eyes to her lips while my hands untied the apron from the back.

"Miss Grande, what're you doing?" Nevaeh said with a chuckle.
"What does it look like I'm doing?"

The red fabric was then lifted over her head and tossed behind me onto the wooden flooring.
"I just washed that" She whined, pouting while she pointed to the now discarded item.
"You can wash it again baby"

I interlocked our hands and walked backward to the living room where I pushed her onto the grey bean bag before straddling her waist.

Her hands ran up my bare thighs softly, "You're too much Ariana" she said while watching me remove my top. I leaned down and attached my lips onto her neck, "You're the one who didn't stay in bed with me this morning"

"'Cause I wanted to be a good girlfriend and freaking make you breakfast"

I paused and sat up to make eye contact with her, "Babe, I appreciate the thought but I'd much rather wake up next to you" her smile shone widely and with a simple, "okay" she pulled my face down and kissed me.

(It's shone right? Or am I illiterate? Did that whole paragraph make sense? 👴🏾)

After eating and cleaning up the messes that were made, Nevaeh and I watched some movies together before we both had things to do. She stayed downstairs to work on her essay for her Literature class and I went up to my room to not be a distraction.

One thing led to another and I ended up sharing a snippet of 'Nasty' on my Instagram story as well as my Twitter with some gloomy skies and clouds.

About an hour or so later it was still grey and had even began to rain. I peeked outside my window to watch the sky and listen to the rain but instead I saw my favorite girl standing outside, looking up with a smile.

I raced downstairs after putting on some warmer clothes and Nevaeh was still outside. When I slid the glass door open, she had immediately turned her attention toward me.

I stepped outside and heard 'A Thousand Years' playing lowly.

She held out her hand for me to take and just as we touched, rain began to pour heavier.

"Maybe this is a sign that things in my life are finally going right," She joked, the both of us laughing before she continued, "but I know how much you love this kind of weather and I don't know when we'll get another opportunity like this so what I'm asking is,"

She paused to pull me closer to her using our connected hand, "Miss Ariana Grande, will you be kind enough to accept this dance with me?"

"In the rain of course" she added.

"I would love to dance with you" I said with a giggle, biting down on my bottom lip softly as we began to sway.
"It's not necessarily a dance without music so," She reached into her pocket and pulled out her phone before playing 'I Guess I'm In Love' by Clinton Kane.

My head rested against her chest, the feeling of her steady heartbeat pounded against me. I felt her head land on top of mine gently as our movements slowed down.

She sang the ending chorus of the song near my ear softly, "And darling, this is more than anything I felt before. You're everything that I want, but I didn't think I'd find,"
"Someone who is worth the wait of all the years of my heartbreak, But I know now I found the one I love"