Chapter 29: I'll see you

Ariana's POV:

One moment I was following Nevaeh and the next, the power went out. Everything was pitch black inside aside from the little light that the moon provided.

I heard a sigh before what I assumed to be Nevaeh's hand reached back for mine.

Hesitantly, I interlocked our hands and followed her.

"Scootie" She called out but got no response.

"I miss you"

I could feel her physically stop, "Ariana"

"I'm sorry, I can't help it. I miss you so much and I know I messed up—and you hate me now, I know you do" My eyes began to gloss up and I thanked every higher up for the lights being off during this.

"You have every right to hate me Nev—"

She turned around, letting her hand land on my cheek while keeping our hands interlocked.

"—Christ" She mumbled, continuing, "I don't hate you Ariana. I could never hate you"

"It's just— you're with,"

She stopped me from speaking further by letting her head fall to rest against mine.

"Ariana, I cannot have this conversation with you right now. You didn't want me, I'm with Victoria. I'm sorry but we aren't getting back together. That's it, that's the end of the story so please stop because you're making things harder"

I breathed softly, feeling a single tear drop slide from her cheek down mine.

"Nevaeh" I whispered.

Our hands left each others embrace and we parted. With a simple shake of her head, I dropped anything else I had planned to say and focused on finding everyone else.

"Can I just say something?"

She stopped again, turning around with a heavy sigh being released.

"I wanted you, I still want you. As much as you think different, I did not have feelings for Dalton. You were, well, are all I've wanted and I hate that I made you think differently"

My hand reached out for hers but she didn't let me grab it.

"Nevaeh, I need you to understand that. I—I'm trying so hard to convince you, to show you with my actions and not just my words but you turn me down at every opportunity given"

I paused, stepping closer before continuing, "You, Nevaeh, you are all I've ever wanted and I'm so sorry I haven't been the woman you deserve but I'm trying baby, I really am"

I reached out for her again, this time she allowed me to and our hands intertwined. I smiled softly at the simple gesture that turned my insides to mush.

"I know you're with Victoria now and I don't want to intrude and ruin your relationship but if she ever messes up or you decide to give us a chance again, I'll do anything Nevaeh"

"Ariana you know I can't do that"

"Just dump her ass already" I said with an eye roll that made her laugh and disconnect our hands.

"I can't, we're happy Ariana. You messed up so you have to deal with that"

Before I could speak the lights had turned back on and footsteps quickly approached us.

"Hey, there you guys are. Something with the pool causes the lights to go out, I called the electricians and they'll be here in the morning" Scootie had said in a hurry.