Chapter 30

Nevaeh's POV:

Victoria leaned over and kissed my cheek, her lips lingering as I smiled at the cameras. We held that pose for a few second, her hands slipping to rest at my hips. As soon as she pulled away from my face, she kissed me once more before turning to face the flashing cameras.

"My cheeks hurt from smiling." I told Victoria who kept her smile up.

We turned to face each other, she whispered, "You're so beautiful."

A few more poses together and I was over it, I wanted to go inside so we did. I was led by the brunette to our seats which were near the center of the arena. There weren't many people inside as most of them were on the carpet. It gave me a bit of time to calm my nerves and get my anxiety in check before this place filled up.

"How're you feeling?" Victoria asked as we sat down, she was clinging to my side.

I gave her a small smile, "I'm alright, a bit anxious but it's nothing I can't handle."

She nodded and left things alone, letting her hand rest on my thigh as small talk around the table was made. We sat at a table of 6 with: Michael B Jordan, Elizabeth Olsen as well as her fiancé, Timothee Chalamet, along with Victoria and I. The tables beside us were stacked with celebrities, Taylor Swift, Hailee Steinfeld, and Jennifer Lawrence were sat at the table directly to our right.

Internally I was panicking. Between Elizabeth Olsen, Hailee Steinfeld, and Taylor Swift sitting near me, I had a lesbian melt down, the bi-panic kicking in when I realized Chris Evans had walked by. Victoria noticed and began to laugh at my distress.

Time managed to fly by while we waited for the event to start, cameras were rolling, and I wanted to hide. It's not that I minded being on camera but my status in comparison to all of these A-List celebrities incomparable if we're being honest.

Victoria tapped my thigh, asking, "Are you hungry?" I shook my head, looking around the arena as more people piled in.

Eventually the event started, seating was filled to the brim and some were even standing along the walls and railing toward the back. My anxiety began to creep up, making my heart race and my stomach ache.

Ariana's POV:

I sat near the back of the arena, it made accessing backstage easier. Cynthia and I were presenting a category but I couldn't remember what it was as I watched Nevaeh from afar.

Breathtaking would be an understatement when describing her. It didn't make sense how anyone could just wake up and look as divine as her.

The event went on and I had noticed Nevaeh looked more uninterested as time progressed. I understood the show was a bit boring but she was out of it entirely.

Her girlfriend, Victoria, would try to talk to her and be affectionate but the brown-skinned woman seemed to pay no mind to it. I wanted to laugh but I remained professional, averting my gaze to the stage as they called the next category and presenters up.

Some of the event staff came up to grab the two of us, Cynthia and I. They brought us around the back end of the stage, prompting us to go on when the caster announced our names, "Please welcome, Ariana Grande and Cynthia Erivo!"

A chorus of cheers and applause echoed in the audience. We smiled and waved to those around us before taking the microphone.

I made eye contact with Nevaeh for a moment and everything went out of my brain, I couldn't think and read the card, skipping those who were nominated and went straight to the winner.

"Your winner is Billie Eilish!"

Another round of applause was given as Billie and Finneas took the stage along with us, Cynthia greeted the brother while Billie ran over to me and engulfed me in a hug.