Chapter 12: Goodbye Ariana

Ariana's POV:

I let out a deep exhale and threw my head back as I stood in front of the door.

Dalton stepped closer, holding out his hand,
"Come on, let's watch a move and take your mind off of everything"

I stared at the door then nodded, turning around and taking his hand. We silently shuffled to the living room and sat down on the couch.

About an hour into Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Dalton fell asleep on me. His head was resting on my thighs as I typed away on my phone, writing down some lyrics for a new song in my notes.

"I've never been this scared before, feelings I just can't ignore" I sang lowly, careful not to wake the dark-haired man on top of me.
"Don't know if I should-"

I was interrupted by a text from the person I least expected to want to talk to me, Nevaeh.

'Nev🤍: You busy?'

I immediately replied to her just incase she thought about changing her mind on wanting to talk to me. I sent a quick 'no, why?' and anxiously waited while she typed.

'Nev🤍: I'm at the Will Rodgers State beach if you wanna talk'

I sent back a simple 'okay, I'm omw' and locked my phone.

I looked down at Dalton, tapping his shoulder rapidly.

"I've gotta go, I'll see you later tonight"

He groggily looked up at me then smiled, dropping his head onto the pillow before closing his eyes and going back to sleep.

I raced upstairs and threw on some jeans, a white long sleeve and a pair of white Reebok's before heading out the door.

I basically sprinted to my car and sped my way onto the freeway, getting off when I could see the beach.

Nevaeh's POV:

I let out a yawn as I leaned back in the driver seat of my Mercedes, 'Heartless' by The Weeknd playing low.

The view of the sunset was beautiful, the orange and yellow colors faded into each other and the ocean flowing and waves crashing made it 10x better.

(Me tryna reach 1k words^)

My phone rested within my hands as I contemplated sending a text to Ariana. I wanted- I needed to talk to her and get everything out in the open before it eventually destroyed me.

It was bound to happen but did it have to happen right now?

Apparently so because I sent her a message.

I sent, 'You busy?'

Before I had the chance to lock my phone and wait, she immediately answered, as if she was waiting for my text.

'Ariana: no, why?'

Being the idiot that I am, I instantly replied with my location.

After I sent the message I tossed my phone to the passenger seat and put my face in my hands, letting out a groan. Instead of letting my anxiety kick in and take over, I left the parking lot of the beach, driving to the nearest ice cream shop.

I stepped out of my car and put on my black mask, making sure to cover both: my nose and mouth.

"Hi, welcome to ColdStone" The blonde woman greeted me as soon as I walked in.

"I'll take a uh-"
"-Peanut Butter Cup Perfection with Vanilla instead"

Who the fuck knows my order-

I turned around to see Tayla with a white mask and her hands in her pockets.

"Yeah, what she said" I told the worker.
"You want anything?"

Tayla shook her head and followed closely behind me as the line moved.

"You stalking me or something?" I asked and she laughed.
"No, I saw you when I was walking by and decided to say hi, see how you were doing"

(I got bars but what's new 🥱)

"I'm doing...good" I paused, letting out a deep sigh as I handed the cashier a $20 bill.

I grabbed my ice cream and change before heading out of the shop.

Tayla walked me to my car and asked to meet up in a few days. I told her I'd text her and see before I got in and headed back to the parking lot of the beach.

After putting my car in park, I got out and sat down on one of the benches, enjoying the view and my ice cream.

"Hey" I heard a soft voice say from behind.

I assumed it was Ariana so I turned around, being right of course.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and tossed the empty container away, walking toward her.
She had a smile on her face but that smile left as soon as I opened my mouth and began speaking.

"I'm just gonna get straight to the point, I'm tired of avoiding this- us- whatever the hell is going on" I said as I pointed between the two of us,m.
"I'm done, it's simple"

"I'm just gonna keep my distance from now on because I know I can't have you and I don't know where I stand with you. One minute you're kissing me and all up on me then the next you're kissing him and I'm not dealing with that anymore"

She nodded, listening as I spoke.

"I'm all yours if you're all mine but it seems you can't decide whether you want me or not so-"

I stood still as she stepped closer to me, looking up at me.

"-I do want you Nevaeh, so bad"

Then prove it.

"But you want him more?" I asked her, taking her silence as an answer.

I nodded my head as my heart sank.

"Alright well, I'm tired of crying over you. I'm done Ariana, consider whatever the hell we had over"

"Nevaeh please-"

She reached for my hand but I shook my head and pulled back.

"Please don't touch me"

I watched as she took a step back from me, nodding her head as tears filled her eyes.

"I-I'm sorry"
"Goodbye Ariana" I turned around and walked back to my car.

-

Ariana said 🧍🏽‍♀️