Brothers Too

The last thing Logan needed at this point was to interact with other humans. Antonina respected that even though be was in her home, but his brother on the other hand did not understand what it meant to give someone some space.

Antonina left early in the morning to get the café ready for its opening day, while Logan decided to go to work late, he was not even ready yet.

It had not even been twenty-four hours since their movie night, and Logan was not ready to face him again.

The first time he saw that footage, he was devastated, he felt hurt and betrayed. He still wished he had not opened that video after Jackson gave him that memory stick, but curiosity got the best of him.

Antonina's house was the best hideout, no one knew he was there and no one would ever guess that he was there. At least that was what he thought until Cameron showed up on his doorstep.

"What are you doing here?" Logan asked, holding the door slightly open.

"We need to talk," Cameron said without hesitation.

Logan refused to let him in.

"What is there to talk about?"

Cameron threw his head back and groaned. "Logan, I don't understand why you are crucifying me right now."

That only pissed Logan off. It had not even been twenty-four hours, there was no way he could have forgotten what happened. Logan could not get over that footage from the first time he saw it. "Really? Would you like me to replay that recording for you?"

"Listen, I know that video looks awful," Cameron admitted, and Logan raised a questioning eyebrow, causing his brother to flinch visibly. "But I also know that is not entirely the reason you are mad at me, I didn't know that Carmen was not pregnant, you saw it yourself. Your issue is with the fact that MJ and I know each other." Logan tensed, his fist tightening around the door knob. "I was not scheming with her, I didn't even know she was behind Carmen's lie until recently."

He frowned. They were still in touch? As if reading his thoughts, Cameron added, "MJ Billings gave me a job as her temporary PA after Alastair Cooper's funeral."

Logan felt as if someone had just splashed ice-cold water on him. He did not know what was worse, his brother having secret ties to her, or finding out that he was even working for her in her company.

MJ had ruined his life from the first day she pitched up, and now she was ruining his brother.

"That still doesn't explain why or how you were so close in that recording. MJ would never let anyone get that close to her, not even me. You guys have known each other for a long time, and that's the reason why she seemed so comfortable with you."

Cameron narrowed his eyes, and Logan wished he had kept quiet. "Logan, what is all this about?"

"None of your business." He turned away from the door and went to the kitchen.

Cameron entered the house and closed the door behind him, then he followed him to the small kitchen. "Don't think I'm gonna let this go that easily, something else went down here, and I want to know what it is!" Logan sighed and pulled a chair, sitting down, and Cameron mimicked his actions. "Why does it bother you so much that MJ is comfortable with me?"

He swallowed and looked away, his mind drifting to a few months ago when they were on his yacht. It had been haunting him for months now, he could never forget how she looked at him like he was a monster. "Before MJ left for London, we went on a cruise, on my yacht. Later that night, we..." He shut his eyes, the images replaying on his mind like a tape on repeat. "She looked at me like... It was as if she thought I was going to hurt her, she was hysterical and she looked frightened." He shook his head. "She did not want to be touched, she-" He paused as his eyes caught the grim look on Cameron's face. "What is it?" He asked, and Cameron shook his head.

"I can't tell you anything."

"So, you know something? Did she say anything to you?" Logan asked hopefully. Maybe he would finally be able to piece together the reasons as to why she hated him.

Cameron sighed and rubbed his eyes. "Look, it really is not my place. Maybe you should ask her yourself."

Logan could not bare the thought that once again, Cameron knew something about MJ that he did not know. Why was it that he was always the last one to learn the truth?

"Leave," he said, not sparing his brother another glance.

Cameron stood up without a fight. "There are plenty of reasons why MJ is holding on to the past, and if you want to get to the bottom of things, then I suggest that you ask her what really happened 13 years ago."

He walked out before Logan could say anything, not that he had anything more to say.

It was clear to him that he needed to speak to MJ if he wanted to know the truth.

His phone blared up from his bedroom, and he groaned in annoyance. Who would be calling him at this time? He already told the office to take messages should anyone call for him.

He dragged himself to the guestroom and checked the caller ID, and it was from an unknown number.

Maybe it had something to do with Jorge, he thought as he accepted the call. "Logan Parker speaking."

"Mr Parker, thank God you answered! This is Koki." Logan frowned, why was La Café's manager calling him? "Sir, I got your numbers from your secretary. We have a problem at the café," she said hastily.

Logan felt his blood rush to his head. Did they try to kill Antonina again? "What?" He asked, disoriented.

"Uhm, I understand we were supposed to reopen today?"

"Well, technically, the café is not going to be receiving customers for a few more weeks, but the staff has to return to work to prepare. What happened?"

"Well, Sir, thing is... Mrs Dos Santos hasn't pitched up for work."

"What?"

"We have been waiting outside the café since this morning, and she hasn't showed up." Logan dropped the call and plopped down on the bed.

Where could Antonina be?

It had been over five hours since she left, she should have been at the café more than four hours ago.

In another time perhaps she would have gone to Reina Dos Santos' house, but she was still in Australia with her son.

Logan felt like an idiot, he could not believe he had been staying with the woman for weeks but still did not know whether or not she had any other family members or friends.

He did not even know her favourite places, except for La Café, which was completely out of the question.

He did not want to think the worst, but what if the people who tried to kill her were back to finish the job?

His fingers ran over his smartphone as he searched for David Botha's numbers, at this point, he was the only person who could get him the information he needed as soon as possible.