Revived

He was becoming too familiar with hospitals, and every time he stepped into one it was to make sure that somebody else was alright.

With the way things were going, very soon people would be waiting in his place, wondering how he was.

The doctors were still checking up on Antonina, while he waited outside with Zoe who insisted on interrogating Antonina even after they reviewed the footage, which showed that Antonina was just about to leave the cellar when the shooting went off.

Apparently she had to make sure that Antonina's story corresponded to what was shown in the footage.

What bothered Logan now was that the police had absolutely no lead at all and couldn't even identify the shooters because they were masked.

Logan knew this was not just a random attack, they wanted to kill Antonina, and since they couldn't complete the job, they were most probably going to try their luck to finish her off.

"Logan," Caroline Becker greeted with a sweet smile.

"Caroline, how's she?" He asked.

"She's okay, she is just in shock. We have sedated her and she's going to be out for a couple of hours. I'll check up on her again when she wakes up," the doctor explained. "I would suggest that you go home and freshen up or perhaps get a meal too, but I also think you need to be here when she wakes up."

Logan frowned at her, she knew something and she was trying to tell him, but could not fully disclose with Zoe in the room.

She looked over at Zoe and said, "And I'd also suggest that you avoid causing her any sort of stress as we don't know her state of mind as of yet."

Logan turned to look at Zoe expectedly. "Do you understand that, Detective Botha?" He challenged.

Zoe looked at both of them, her eyes narrowing infinitely. She opened her mouth to say something, but stopped as her eyes caught something behind Logan and Caroline. "Carmen, is that you?" She asked in surprise.

Both Logan and Caroline went still as Zoe walked past them. Logan turned around slowly, his heart stilling at the sight before him. Carmen looked just as shocked to see him.

She was wearing a green hospital gown, her fake blonde hair a shade darker and even shorter. Her skin had gained some colour, looking healthier than the last time he saw her, although her cast was still intact around her neck.

Why did he have to run into her of all people? Couldn't she have accidentally be at the café at the time of the shooting and died untimely like all those unlucky victims?

Caroline looked at him in panic. "Logan, I've been meaning to tell you. Carmen came out of the coma a week ago," she said hastily. "And the thing is, we cannot keep her here any longer, especially with outstanding hospital bills."

Logan narrowed his eyes at her, his temper flaring with each second. "You–" He pointed at her, feeling as if he could jab at her chest to make his point across. He turned his attention to Carmen, and she shrunk back, hiding behind a confused Zoe.

"Logan, what's going on here?" Zoe asked with a protective gesture towards Carmen.

Logan ignored her and turned to Caroline. "You are telling me about hospital bills? Hospital bills?! That bitch's got R5 million worth of lies in her bank account!" He yelled furiously.

He could not believe the nerve of the woman to just stand there and sob like a poor little victim, this was all her doing; what did she expect, hugs and kisses?

"Wait, what?" Caroline asked, looking between Logan and Carmen.

This time, they were the only two people who knew what was going on. Carmen looked like she was ready to faint, guess she did not think Logan had discovered the whole truth.

"Carmen, if you have money, why didn't you say anything?" Caroline questioned. "Where is it?" When Carmen did not say anything, Caroline nodded in understanding. "Oh! Uhm...Logan, can she send someone to fetch her stuff?"

Logan looked at the three of them, his jaw ticking, then he clicked his tongue and walked away without saying anything.