Amends

Apparently, she was not the only one who missed La Café, La Café and its staff and customers missed her too. The moment she entered through the doors, she was greeted with hugs, kisses, breakfast invitations for a chat, and a lot more.

"Wow, they really missed you!" Mosetsana laughed and came around the counter with two plates from the Kids Breakfast Section of the menu. Antonina frowned as she watched her give those plates to two beautiful children. "Come on, guys. Eat up so that we can get you to school."

"Yes, Rakgadi," the kids chorused.

Aunt? Were these not her children, why were they calling her aunt instead of mom? It was a boy and a girl; they both shared their mother's caramel skin and dark African hair. The girl looked about ten in age, while the boy was probably still doing his grade R.

"And careful not to mess your school uniform," Mosetsana said before she turned to Antonina with an apologetic smile. "Sorry about that, I had to get them out of the house as early as possible."

They shared a hug and greeted, and Antonina could not help thinking the woman's husband was in a bad mood. "I'm so sorry you had to come so early, it completely slipped my mind that you girls are family women," she said hastily.

"Come on, it was no bother, Ants," Lola said dismissively.

Antonina turned to her with a bright smile. "Lola, Natalia!" She greeted them with a hug. "I am so glad the three of you are here together."

"We are just glad you are back, how was your trip?" Natalia asked.

Her trip? Now that was something she still had to think about. It had completely slipped her mind that she now had to face a dark cloud from her past.

She erased those thoughts and put on her everyday smile. "Hold that thought," she raised her index finger, turning her attention towards the counter. "Amelia, please get us some menus," she said. "Ladies, please sit." The three women shared a worried glance, probably worried about Logan's return and setting up his office. Antonina rolled her eyes at them, why was everyone scared of Logan Parker? "He's not going to bite you, you know?" She joked, remembering the peaceful look on his face this morning before they drove to work.

She should have probably told them that he was already in the office, but she needed to speak to them before she forgot. "I could use some breakfast right now," Mosetsana said and took a seat.

"I just need a minute of your time, girls." Lola and Natalia were not as enthusiastic, but joined anyway.

"So, how was your trip, Ants?" Natalia asked again.

Mosetsana rolled her eyes. "It was not a vacation, Natalia, it was a funeral."

"Please tell her," Lola chuckled, covering her laugh with a cough when Natalia glared at her.

Antonina sighed in relief, grateful for the save. "I just wanted to thank you guys for keeping tabs around here while I was away. So, breakfast and lunch on the house."

"Yay!" Natalia squealed, and the others laughed.

"But that's not why I called you here," she started. "Before I continue, Mosetsana, what is your full name?"

Mosetsana looked at the others in question, and Lola shrugged. "Uhm... My birth name is Mosetsana Cleopatra Masiteng, now Taunyane."

Antonina frowned in confusion, who the hell was Namhla? "Oh, don't you have any other names?" She asked.

Mosetsana shook her head. "Not that I know of. Just Fredah, but that's my mom's name. People back home call me young Fredah 'cause my mother and I look alike."

"Oh, I see." Antonina nodded. Was she missing something? "Uhm... anyway, I wanted to speak to you guys about Logan and Thuso. Logan attacked Thuso last night at his house."

Lola and Natalia shared a worried glance. "Uhm, is Logan okay?"

"Is Logan okay? Didn't you hear what she just said? Logan attacked my husband, and I'm sure wherever he is, he doesn't have a broken lip, broken nose, or a closed eye." Mosetsana said angrily and stood up.

"Mosetsana, we are not fighting here. I'm trying to find a solution before things get out of hand," Antonina pleaded.

"You mean you are trying to protect your boy, because you know how my husband is," Mosetsana shot back. "You are not the one that had to stay up all night, waiting for your husband to come home, only for him to come back this morning with a bruised face, and start a fight," she cried. "I had to quickly bath the kids and get them out of the house before anything else could happen," she swallowed. "I just left my house this morning and I'm already scared to go back later. He is livid." She took in a shaky breath and quickly wiped her tears. "I have to take the kids to school, see you guys later. Kids, let's go!" She grabbed her handbag and walked out of the café with the kids on her trail.

Lola groaned and covered her face. "This is gonna be a long day."

"Yeah, we should probably go to the office," Natalia said as she stood up.

"Aren't you guys gonna have your breakfast?" Antonina asked with a weak smile.

"Sorry, Ants, duty calls. Lola," she called Lola who seemed to be lost in her thoughts. "Lola."

"Hmm? Oh, yeah, we will see you at lunch time, Ants." Lola said hastily.

"I'll come with you then, I need to speak to Logan." They walked out of the café together and arrived at the office, and then Antonina went up to Logan's office.