Frustrations

Lola did not know what was worse. Her younger sister's depression, her husband's disappearance, Logan Parker's ignorance, or Sonya's unnerving calls and voicemails. It felt as if she carried the weight of the earth on her shoulders.

Shannon was always locked up in her room, and when Lola got the chance to see her; all Shannon did was ramble on about how she shouldn't have been there. On the other hand, her husband was yet to show up after they called him to inform him about his cousin's accident; and as for the said cousin, she did not want anyone to see her at the hospital, and now her entire family was here, demanding for answers.

Then there was Sonya who kept calling in a frenzy. After Logan fired her, she seemed to be on edge; her messages were either filled with threats or desperate cries. She was overly sensitive and emotional, and Lola had enough problems dealing with her own husband's dysfunctional family. Although she considered Sonya her best friend, they were anything but; their friendship was built on lies and deceit. They were not the type of friends to look out for each other unless it benefited one of them, and over the years, they became so distant that they could not depend on each other for comfort. Lola had grown tired of Sonya's threats; she was considering calling it quits with her.

But that was the least of her worries at the moment. Logan Parker was her biggest concern. Lola could go on for weeks and even months without speaking to someone, but not Logan. He was mad at her for keeping MJ a secret, but there was nothing she could do; even if she told him beforehand, nothing would have changed, because he already knew who she was.

Lola had no business in their relationship. She had a business in many of his relationships except for that one; MJ was a sensitive case, and she out of everyone, knew that. After all, she watched their relationship collapse because of her; she just did not know how much of a role she played in it. Was MJ that hurt she had to run away? Or did something bad happen? That was what she wanted to know.

She inhaled sharply and climbed out of the elevator, and then headed to his office. It was late at night, all the employees had left the building, with the exception of Logan. Over the past few days since his return, he had turned to work in order to shut the rest of the world out, unfortunately, including herself.

The tension at the office was palpable, it was almost suffocating. He did not speak to her and had Natalia and Mosetsana mediate between the two of them; the worst being a written warning that was sent by Natalia. It was her last warning, and should she mess up again, then she was done with; Logan would fire her without second thought. That was how he was; if there was anything he was brilliant at, it was mixing business with pleasure, whether he was sleeping with his employees or taking out his frustrations at some of them for personal reasons; that was something everyone tried hard to get used to.

She stood outside his office door and fixed her dress; she was wearing a knee-length, body-hugging, royal blue dress with a low neck, clearly showing her cleavage. Her usually bouncy curls were straightened and styled to the side, while her lips were adorned in red lipstick.

She took one last breath before raising her fist to knock when Logan's voice surprised her from behind. "Looking for someone?" He asked, and she whirled around in fright.

She stumbled back and placed her hand in her thudding heart. "Logan, you scared me!"

"That's funny, you are the one that snuck into my building at this time of the night." Logan said nonchalantly. "It is not my fault that I felt a little uncomfortable watching from over there." He pointed behind his back before slipping his hands into his pockets. "So, what are you doing here, Lola? 'Cause trust me; if you are here to change my mind about that written warning, then you are wasting your time."