London

MJ and Liam arrived in London after midnight, this time without anyone stopping them on the way. They arrived at MJ's one-floor apartment on a ten floor building that Liam did not even know existed.

It was only one huge room with only the bathroom in a separate room. The bottom of the walls was made of cement and painted in dark grey while the top was made of aluminium glass, allowing a better view of the outside world.

On one side of the room was a king-sized bed made up with light grey bedcovers and a grey headboard. At the opposite end was what appeared to be a kitchenette with a kitchen island and a sink with a grey surface, and on opposite sides of the kitchen island were grey kitchen units.

There was only one three-seater couch sitting carelessly on the side of the room, and a four-seat table at the centre of the room. There were random sports objects scattered around the floor, and a random hanging platform with a men's clothing.

"This is boyish." Liam commented.

"I told you, it is not mine." MJ said as she placed her coat on the bed. She sat at the edge of the bed and discarded her heels.

"So, what happens now?" Liam asked as he bounced around with the basketball.

MJ sighed tiredly. "I take care of my business while waiting for another attack." Liam let the ball roll away and sat down next to MJ.

"Not that it is any of my business, but I think you need to find a way to secure your company." He said.

"My company is secured." MJ argued.

"You know that is not true. Your company is vulnerable and if they find a missing link, they are going to take the entire house down even if you have billions in your bank account."

"And how do I do that?"

Liam snorted. "You know how; you are just too proud to admit it."

"He destroyed his own father's company!"

"He was sabotaged!" MJ clenched her jaw while simultaneously clenching and unclenching her fists. She knew McEnroe Construction Company was sabotaged, and that the person or people who did it were probably coming for her. She was aware of the approaching hunt, but she did not want to alert them that she was aware of what was going on.

"You are right," she said, and Liam sighed in relief. "It is none of your business." Liam's face fell and he rolled his tongue over his teeth in frustration. "You can leave now."

Her phone rang just as the door closed and she sighed as Alastair Cooper's name popped up on the screen. She walked over the window and answered the call. "Alastair."

Deep laughter rumbled through the speaker, and MJ closed her eyes in annoyance. "Not even a hello daddy?" He joked in his rough voice.

"Not even my own father expects me to call him Dad, now what do you want, Alastair?" She asked in a plain voice.

"We have a problem." He sighed. "The board at the main branch has called for a meeting; they want to strip you of your power and position as CEO."

MJ knew the moment he called, that there was trouble in paradise. Alastair never called her unless there was a problem at the company, and that was how their relationship had always been. Although Alastair Cooper was MJ's legal guardian, they never had a close relationship; Alastair cared more about making money, while MJ was all about survival, and somehow that seemed to have hindered their relationship.

"You have to do something." He said, and MJ rolled her eyes.

"Tell me something I don't know already." She muttered under her breath.

Alastair remained silent; he knew better than to argue with MJ. He knew life was too hard on her, and understood why she was this way. He had been there and witnessed everything.

He did not have it easy in life either, and MJ had walked into his life when he was ready to give up, giving him a reason to live; and that was their common ground – they knew the struggle and had to do unimaginable things to survive.

Seeing as he was not going to say anything, MJ spoke; "Don't worry, I'll take care of it." She said and hung up before he could say anything else.

These people could be plotting to dethrone her, but what they did not know was that they were not the first one. MJ knew just how to deal with them, and she was going to use them to send a message across the world – she was not someone to sit around and watch people walk over her; she fought fire with fire, and Billings Corporations' board was going to be on fire soon.