Chapter 13: Trouble. . .

Alllright, Late chapter. . .

---------------------------------------------------------

Lowering my head, I slowly walked into the house.

I could hear my dad shouting at my mom while she shouted back, Both of their raised voices making it hard to tell what they were saying.

Shoot. . . I have to walk past them. . .

Inhaling, I slowly started to make my way past the yelling adults in the kitchen.

Despite my best attempts, I was still spotted.

''Aspen Fir. Get your ass in here right now.'' My father snapped at me, His face slightly red with fury.

I slowly walked into the kitchen even as I heard my mom pleading with him to not do whatever he was about to do.

I set my backpack down beside the door before walking back to him, My head lowered as my throat tightened out of fear.

I could feel my heart pounding in my chest as I stood before him.

I think I'm gonna pass out. . .

''So. You like bullying than?'' Dad demanded, Catching my attention and confusing me as I looked up at him.

''What?'' I asked quietly, My voice very faint due to fear.

''Don't 'What' me you useless bastard of a son.'' He snarled out, Smacking me upside the back of my head.

''Don't hit hi-'' Mom started to say before dad spun around, Backhanding her across the face.

''Mom!'' I squeaked out, Reaching out for her as tears welled up in her eyes, The hand mark already turning red.

Before I could help her, Dad shoved me slightly, Making me stumble backwards slightly.

''Upstairs. Now woman.'' He snapped at the teary eyed woman who was cowering back slightly.

I lowered my head, Not saying a word as my mom timidly backed away, Heading upstairs.

''You think bullying is so cool? That tormenting someone else makes scum like you cool?'' He demanded, Getting up into my face as he spoke.

''B-But I didn-'' I started to say before my dad smacked my face with the back of his hand.

I stumbled, Collapsing onto my knees as my face burned in pain.

''Lying to me is bad you useless shit. I just got a call from the wolf's. They said you've been bullying their son Channing.'' He growled out, His words slurring slightly.

I opened my mouth, About to try and explain the truth only to get back handed again.

I fell onto my side, Curling up into the fetal position.

Tears welled up in my eyes as my dad set his foot on my ribs, Putting weight into it.

I felt a sharp pain as he put more of his weight on his foot, My rib was stinging painfully as my tummy started to turn, The pain making me feel sick.

''Ya like bullying so much ya spoiled brat?'' He spat out, Moving pressure off my ribs only to give a sharp kick to my back.

I started to retreat into my mind as he delivered more and stronger kicks to my back, All of this paired with taunts.

''Ya think you're special? That you're better than others?'' He demanded as he landed a kick right between my vertebrae.

I felt my whole body twitch slightly at the contact with the nerves along there, Painful shocks running out along my limbs.

''Well I hate to be the bearer of obvious news. But you weren't even wanted in the first place.'' He hissed, His words just barely making it through to my retreated mind.

''You're nothing but a mistake. Should have had you killed while it was still legal.'' He hissed out as he gave me another kick before the sound of his footsteps headed towards the fridge.

I remained curled up in a ball as I heard the familiar clink of beer bottles tapping into each other as he pulled out a bottle.

My body trembled slightly as warm tears of pain slid down my face, My mind no longer retreated into it's shell.

As soon as I heard their bedroom door close I slowly sat up, Quietly hissing in pain as my whole body protested to the movement.

I was a mistake?

Maybe I should do the world a favor and just. . . End it. . .

 I slowly stood up, My throat closing up from the pain in my body and heart.

My vision was blurry as I looked around the kitchen.

I-I can't handle this. . . I just can-

'Brrrring'

My thoughts were cut off by the phone ringing, Bringing me out of my rapidly spiralling thoughts.

''Hello?'' I asked quietly as soon as I carefully picked up the phone, Sitting down on the floor as I did so, My body no longer having the strength to support me.

It was a relief to sit down after the short amount of time I had been standing, My limbs still shaking slightly.

'''Oh. My. Fucking gosh.''' A familiar, High pitched voice said over the phone, The sound of her voice starting to sooth my fraying nerves.

''Karen?'' I asked quietly, My voice wavering slightly as I spoke.

Why am I so weak? There are so many other people who have it worse than me. . . I'm just being an attention whore. . .

 '''Sapling? You okay?''' Karen asked, Her voice sounding concerned even over the phone.

A small, Very fragile smile formed on my face at the use of the nickname she had given me so very long ago.

''I'm fine now'' I whispered quietly, Pulling my knees up to my chest as I spoke.

'''That's not so reassuring''' She answered back.

''Just normal family troubles'' I said before adding on ''Nothing I'm not used to''

'''Oh hell naw! What the hell did that sorry excuse for a man let alone a father do to you now? Did he hit you? If he did I swear. I don't care that I'm on the other side of the country. I will come and beat him to a pul-''' She started to rant before a small laugh escaped me.

''There's no need for that, I'll be fine, I always am'' I said, Before she could object I continued, ''I could use a distraction though, Will you tell be how you're week's been in cali?'' I asked.

I heard her sigh before relenting '''Alright, But if he hurts you again I will find a witch doctor over here and curse him.''' She said firmly before starting to retell her week.

I'll be fine. . . I have to be. . . Can't inconvenience anyone. . . Not over a 'Waste of space'. . .

---------------------------------------------------

Alright, It's starting. . . Any guesses how long Aspen's going to last?

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen