Chapter 1:

Im going to put this warning up again, This book contains dark themes, Attempted suicide, Child abuse Etc.

 Seriously, If you don't think you can handle stuff like that, Please don't read.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I swayed slightly to the soothing sound of rain beating down on the roof, The quiet music from my radio not being able to drown out the patter.

''You dumb bitch!''

I flinched as the sound of a slap broke through my mental rain fall.

''ALL I SAID IS NO!''

My mother's muffled, Broken voice screamed back at my father.

I sighed, Trying to imagine rain again.

That was one of my ways of coping when they started to fight, Only problem is that we're currently in a drought.

I heard the sharp sound of a slap again, I flinched in sympathy as my mother wailed.

After a few moments I heard my dad storm past my door, Hopefully heading to bed.

I summed up my bravery and got up, Stepping out of my room. 

The hallway was a mess from their fight, Side tables were knocked over and pictures lay broken on the floor.

I followed the sound of my sobbing mother to the kitchen, She was sitting on the floor clutching something in her hands.

I sat down next to her wordlessly, She turned to me, Her face already starting to bruise from the hits.

I looked down at what was clutched in her hands, Now figuring out the reason behind their fight.

Even though it's not like my father even needed a reason to hate us, He just did normally.

However what really pissed him off was anyone so much as mentioning my mom's soulmates.

Yes my mom has soulmates, And none of them happen to be him.

I stared down at the torn and shattered picture my mom was clutching to her heart, It was of her and her two girlfriends. . . 

Her real soulmates.

I reached out, My hands carefully scooping up the broken shards of glass on the kitchen floor.

My mother sobbed beside me, Trying to piece back together the last fragment of her lovers.

I sighed and carried the sharp glass shards over to the trash, My heart clenching guiltily.

It was my fault she was even with him in the first place, If she hadn't been pregnant with me all those years ago she never would have had a reason to stay with him. . .

I winced slightly, A few shards of the glass catching on my skin and leaving small bloody cuts behind.

. . . At least it helps calm me. . .

I stared back at my mom, Lightly brushing the glass shards into the trash.

If she hadn't had me. . . Then she'd be happy. . . No more crying in the middle of the night over those she loved. . .

I sighed sadly, Glancing down at my hands and noticing the few extra cuts from the glass.

A quiet sob from my mom recaptured my attention however, I glanced up to see my mother having failed to fix the beloved picture.

All my fault. . .

I glanced over at the clock on the stove, It's dull light showing the time.

4:00 in the morning. . .

A broken sigh escaped me as I kneeled down next to her.

It's going to be a long day. . .

My mom looked over at me, A broken look in her eyes.

I looked away guiltily, I could faintly hear my fathers footsteps approaching the kitchen.

My eyes snapped back to my mom's, Both of our eyes wide with fear.

I glanced around the small kitchen, No safe hiding spots. . .

Just then my dad stumbled into the kitchen, His hands clenched into fists.

Summoning my courage for one more time I moved between my father and Mother, Shielding her from his sight.

He blinked in surprise before glaring down at me, ''Ya think yer so tough?'' He slurred, Stumbling closer to me.

I didn't say anything, I just braced myself as he towered over me.

''Huh? Gettin' in my way.'' He grumbled before he raised his hand.

I lowered my eyes to the ground, It was easier if I didn't see it coming.

I felt a sharp burning sting as the back of his hand hit my face.

I stumbled slightly, But thankfully remained on my feet.

Before I could react he backhanded me again, This time I fell to the ground.

''You so tough now!?'' He snarled before I felt his foot collide with my side.

''No! Stop it! You're hurting him!'' My mother sobbed, Trying to push him away from me as he kept kicking me.

He delivered another sharp kick to my ribs this time before he moved back, ''Shut Up bitch, I'm teaching him a lesson.'' He growled at my mother.

''You're not being fair to him!'' She screamed.

My ears hurts. . . And my face. . . And my ribs. . . And everything. . .

''Life Isn't fair! Least of all to weak bitches like you and him.'' Dad snarled before snapping his fingers, ''Come on, Time for bed, Bitch'' He hissed to mom before storming off.

I heard my mom whisper sorry to me before stumbling along behind my father.

I sighed, Just letting my sore body rest on the floor as I tried to regain the will to get up and move.

--- Time skip ---

I tiredly opened my eyes, My muscles sore and my head hurting.

Ugh. . . Today is gonna be hell. . .

I stared up at the paint spattered ceiling, The loud screaming of a bird outside keeping me awake.

Sighing tiredly I slowly got up, My whole body throbbing with a dull pain from the kicks.

I stumbled to the bathroom, My vision swirling from a mix of getting up to fast and the slaps. . .

I sat down on the sink, Looking in the mirror I could see the slap marks already had already turned a sickly yellow purple.

I'm gonna have to cover that. . .

Sighing I tugged the mirror open, The hidden cabinet behind it creaked slightly on it's old hinges.

I pulled out some of mom's make up and the cheap knock off version of icy hot my mom bought for this exact reason.

I carefully pulled my shirt off over my head, Wincing as it made the bruises on my chest and ribs hurt.

I tossed it into the hamper in the bathroom before examining my bruises.

They were the same sickly yellow purple as my face in most of the areas, However the bruises on my ribs were bleeding.

Sighing again I reopened the mirror and pulled out some bandaids too.

Ah great. . .

-----------------------------------------------

 Alright, Starting off dark. . . His mom is. . . Broken and his dad is. . .

Anyways, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen