Act 2, Chapter 3: Wrong step

:D Angst and feels?? Bad feels????

----------------------------------------------------------------

I had hidden away in the back until Emory and his companions left.

Terrified the entire time.

My co-workers were a mix of confused and or worried about my reaction, Mostly due to the fact I had never acted that extremely to others talking to me, Not even when the customers would become aggressive.

Sighing, I shook myself out of the slight daze I had fallen into while waiting for the shared apartment washing machine to finish the load of laundry I had put inside it.

It was an old and clunky thing, Barely able to rise even a tiny speck of mud off of anything.

It's better than nothing. . .

After that one time seeing Emory, I hadn't seen him since. . .Which was. . .A relief?

No, No it wasn't, It left some negative, Burning feeling in my chest.

But, In the end, It's for the best.

He looked healthy, He looked okay! He's probably even happy when he's back at home with Daniel and Channing. . .

A small sad smile formed on my face as I removed my very damp clothes from the clunky, Always slightly smelly washer.

Emory's always been much happier when alone with those he cares about. . .He's probably so happy. . .

Shivering slightly, I made my way back to my tiny little apartment.

Winter was technically here, Meaning the air was freezing cold.

Even with my rather thread bare, Secondhand coat, I could feel it cutting at my body, Leaving me trembling as I closed my front door behind me.

It wasn't much better in my apartment but. . .Oh well.

Hanging my laundry up near the very weak and broken radiator.

Can't really fault it, I feel weak and broken too. . .

My stomach was turning way too much for me to even consider eating anything tonight.

So. . .Instead, I just pulled what few thin blankets I had around myself after dragging my very beat up and ratty mattress over as close to the radiator as I dared bring it before settling down for the night.

Days passed before anything relating to Emory happened.

A news report about a large crime ring take down that happened in this city, The officers credited with going undercover to take down these people was where I next saw Emory.

I had been mid shift when the report came across the tiny Tv in the employee break room.

Upon seeing that, I stopped all I was doing to watch with rapt attention as the news reporter went on and on about what information has so far been released to the public.

I got in trouble for that, But I had to wait and listen just to be sure that Emory hadn't been wounded.

He was fine, He even gave a short statement somewhere in that time.

It was a relief. . .A small one, But a relief none the less.

A relief that I got written up for.

Oh well. . .

The next two days passed mostly without any incidents, Someone tripped me while I was at work, Ending in me dropping some glasses and falling face first into a few of the shards.

That had been. . .Very painful.

A fair few band-aids were taken from my second hand first aid kit for those wounds.

However, Come the third day, Things took a drastic change.

It was a cold out when I was finally done with my last shift for this week.

I was tired, Sore and very very cold when I finished locking up, Waving bye to my manager as I did so.

Walking home, I hunched my shoulders in hopes of staving off the biting wind that tore at my face and any exposed skin.

With the windchill, It was well below zero.

Shivering, I took another step before bumping into someone.

Opening my mouth, I hurriedly started to apologize before a gloved hand cupped my face, Tilting my head back until my eyes met familiar dark brown ones.

My breath caught in my throat as I stared back at Emory.

Because of course it'd be Emory. . .

My eyes were starting to prickle slightly as I tried to figure out the emotions rapidly flickering behind his.

Is. . .Is he mad?

Yes. Yes he's mad. . .

I shrunk back under his stare, Starting to take a step away before freezing as he grabbed onto my arm in an iron like grip.

''E-Emory?'' I hesitantly, Shakily asked, Wincing slightly when his grip proceeded to tighten.

He and I stared at each other for a long long moment before another shiver wracked my body.

His grip loosened ever so slightly before he finally spoke to me.

''Come, Follow me'' He ordered, Tugging me along behind him as he spoke, Leaving me no room to protest or say anything.

I stumbled along obediently behind him, Struggling to keep up with his brisk pace.

He walked me across the street and to a somewhat rundown parking lot behind an old speak easy that's been since turned into a mini gay club.

What. . .What is he planning?

I was a bit worried until he led me over to a familiar parked car.

''Get inside'' He ordered curtly as soon as we both stopped, Leaving me no time to process anything that's just happened.

I opened my mouth, About to speak, To question him. . .To say something.

Before I could though, He was opening the passenger's door and pushing me inside with a surprising amount of gentleness.

As soon as I was inside, He reached over, Locked the door then closed it, Walking around to the driver's side as I just sat there, Confused and more than a bit scared.

He's acting very strange. . .He's mad and acting strange. . .

A sinking feeling was forming in my stomach as he got in as well, Turning on the car's engine as soon as he closed his door.

He reached over. . .

And turned the temperature dial on the car all the way up, Sending slowly heating air into the cold, Enclosed space.

A very shaky sigh unwillingly left me, Causing Emory to look over at me before turning his attention forwards again.

He remained silent as the heat worked it's wonders, Warming me back up and leaving me feeling content and tired, Like I hadn't felt for a long time.

But alas, All good things come to an end. . .

-------------------------------------------------------------

Mmm, Emory's feeling emotions. . .

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen