Chapter 8: Suspicion

So. . . Some of you can guess what's gonna happen. . . (Also, Late freaking chapter)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

''Go on. Get free Aspen'' Channing whispered mockingly, His fingers digging into the bruise on my wrist.

I flinched at that, The burning pain from the pressure on the already damaged skin making tears form in my eyes, The pain completely covering the pleasant tingles that would have normally rushed out at the contact.

I tried to follow what Tim did to get away from Emory, However, Due to the crushed bruise, I was unable to move my arm enough to get free.

''P-Please let me go'' I squeaked out faintly, My eyes drifting anxiously down to my burning wrist.

I could see by now that his hand had managed to rub off a bit of the makeup I had applied to hide the dark purplish red bruise.

My only answer was his hand tightening even more, A slight vindictive grin appearing on his face.

''No.'' He hissed coldly, A cruel glint in his eyes.

''P-Pleas-'' I started to plead again like I had done a million times before, Just like with my dad, It didn't even faze Channing.

Just as he was starting to dig his fingernails into the tender bruise his gaze flicked up to my agony filled face.

I tried to tug my arm back to my chest but, For a rich kid, He was pretty strong.

My arm stung as if someone was digging a butter knife into a sunburn.

''What's the matter Aspy? Can't figure out how to complete such a simple task?'' He mocked, Seemingly taking glee in my suffering.

''Pretty pathetic of you.'' He hissed, Leaning in close enough that I could feel his breath on my face.

 I whimpered quietly, Warm tears slipping past my eyes and trailing down my face as I begged him with my eyes.

''Let him go.'' A dangerously quiet accented voice ordered from directly behind me.

I flinched away violently, Cowering slightly as I turned painfully so I could see the man who had managed to sneak up behind me.

His eyes snapped over to me as soon as I flinched, It felt like he was seeing right past all the barriers and concealer I used to hide my bruises and wounds.

''Let. Him. Go.'' Emory repeated, This time however he reached out and lightly grabbed Channing's arm in what seemed like a warning.

''Fuck you.'' Channing grumbled out, Releasing my arm anyways.

''Daniel. Will be your partner for this'' Emory muttered, His accent starting to get worse as he got. . . Annoyed?

''Oh! I am? Well that's great!'' The blonde said cheerfully, Drawing my attention to him. . . And the kids actively staring at the commotion that was happening.

I cowered back even more as I noticed Katy shooting death glares in my direction.

Emory seemed to notice the attention this was gaining, At least I assumed he did by the fact he took off his jacket and moved it to hide me from the class's view.

''Come along, You and I are going to have a talk kleiner Freund'' He muttered quietly to me, His language slipping slightly.

He released Channing's arm, Letting the struggling boy stumble a bit as he ushered me out of the classroom, Leaving no room for argument.

Before the door could fully close I heard Channing make one last parting shot, ''Bitch.'' He snarled out, Loud enough for everyone to hear.

Before I could hear how Daniel responded to that, Emory moved his hand to my shoulder and guided me away from the classroom.

''W-Where are we going?'' I asked quietly, Shrinking in on myself slightly, Cowering as his hand refused to leave my shoulder.

He paused in his brisk pace momentarily, Glancing down at me grimly, ''We are heading to a more. . . Secluded place'' 

I could feel my heart stop briefly at those words, The blood rushing from my face as Emory continued to guide me through the empty halls.

My eyes trained on the ugly tile floor under me, I could feel my heart pounding in my chest, My mind flashing to the times I have been alone with my father and what had always happened.

This is not going to end well. . . It never does. . . Why couldn't I be sick today. . . 

''Step inside'' Emory ordered, Bringing me out of my thoughts and bringing my attention to the opened door in front of me.

''C-Can't I go back to class?'' I asked quietly, Glancing back at the empty hallways, Internally pleading with whatever absent entity was above.

Just like every other time, They didn't do anything. . .

''No, You can not'' He said simply, The hand on my shoulder moving to rest between my shoulder blades.

I flinched away from his touch, Not expecting it but my body preparing for having to dodge a strike instinctively.

A grim look appeared on his face as he slowly and carefully rested his hand back between my shoulder blades.

''Dies wird keine leichte Aufgabe sein. . .'' He muttered under his breath as I reluctantly walked into the empty gym room.

''Sit down and hold out your arm'' Emory ordered, Gesturing to the benches nearby in the empty gym.

I took the chance to glance at the door, The panic gripping at me increasing as I realized something else.

What if he actually noticed the bruises. . .

Dad could get in trouble. . .

He could hurt mom. . .

It would break our family apart. . .

It'd be all my fault. . .

'Useless' 'waste of space'

I'd ruin everything. . . Like alwa-

My quickly spiraling thoughts were cut off as Emory firmly grabbed my shoulder and started to steer me towards the bench.

''Sit down'' He repeated again, Sounding like he was trying his best not to snap at me.

I meekly sat down, My head lowered as I prepared for him to yell at me.

I don't know what I did but I guess I deserve it. . .

Instead, Much to my surprise, He gently grabbed me by my hand, Moving it so he could examine my wrist.

I stared at him in shock as he pulled a small first aid kit out of his coat.

''Hold still'' He ordered, His voice devoid of emotion yet his German accent a lot clearer than it was before.

What?

------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, Emory's gonna patch Aspen up, Any guesses on what he's gonna do after?

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen