Chapter 4: 'Home'

Late as always, You guys really have to find a better book, If you want I can make a list of better ones

-----------------------------------------------------

Once I was free from school I made a beeline for the nearest forest.

I always felt comfort from the loneliness, No one to judge me, No one to tell me how I was disappointing them, No one to tell me how much of a waste of space I was. . .

Sadly though as always, The peace didn't last nearly long enough.

From the small creek I was sitting at, I could just make out the stunning array of colors fill the sky as the sun set.

I'm sure it was beautiful however the aftereffects it has kept me from enjoying it.

Sighing I slowly got up, Preparing to start the dreadful walk home.

Don't get me wrong, The city was quite lovely, Many people had planter pots that overflowed with flowers giving the bleak apartments contrasting touches of color.

However, The walk can't really be enjoyed when one knows what will be awaiting them at the end. . .

I rubbed tiredly at my eyes, The throat squeezing feeling returning to me as I walked.

I don't wanna go home. . .

I stared down at my hands as I walked, The cuts on my palms from the glass had already started to scab over.

Without thinking I clenched my hands together as tightly as I could, Causing the scabs to rip.

Small sharp stings throbbed out from my hands, The pain wasn't that bad but it was enough to remove at least a little of the squeezing feeling from my throat and heart.

Just gotta make it until. . .

--- Time skip ---

I stared at the simple scratched metal door that stood between me and most likely my parents.

Can't hide from the music forever I guess. . .

Sighing I turned the door handle, Slowly pushing the door open.

I could already hear my dad complaining about something to mom.

I closed my eyes, Slowly inhaling before I stepped inside, Making a beeline for my room.

As soon as my feet touched the floor my dad shouted for me, ''Boy! Get your useless ass in here.'' He shouted for me.

I grimaced and set my backpack down slowly, Trying to stall for time.

Glancing around I noticed that the room no longer looked like a battle zone.

Guess mom must have picked up. . .

I heard the kitchen chair slam into the table as my dad got up and stormed into the hallway.

''I gave you a order and you listen when I give you a order. Got it?'' Dad growled as he stopped in front of me.

When I didn't respond quickly enough he reached out and grabbed my hair, Almost pulling it out of my skull.

I felt tears gather in my eyes at the pain as a few bits of hair tore out of my scalp.

''U-Understood sir'' I squeaked out fearfully, Cowering back.

He sneered down at me before releasing my hair, Not before shoving me roughly first though.

I stumbled, My legs buckling under me at the force.

''Why the hell did your teacher call to tell us you bullied a kid and skipped the rest of your fucking classes!?'' Dad roared at me furiously, His hands clutching into fists.

''I didn-'' I started to say only for dad to speak over me.

''Do you know how hard I have to work to send you to that stupid fucking school!?'' He demanded.

I shook my head fearfully, Not bothering to speak as I knew it'd just make it worse.

''I have to go to work at nine in the morning just to just keep your useless ass fed and in school'' Dad snarled out, His hand reaching out to grab my hair again.

I flinched back, My hands moving up to shield my face.

He grabbed onto my hair again, Shaking me roughly.

''Do you know where you're going to be working for the rest of your useless fucking life?'' He snarled down at me.

He let me go again, Allowing me to fall roughly into the wall behind me.

''You're just going to be another bitch for prisoners. Better start learning how to bend over, Bitch.'' He spat at me before storming back into the kitchen.

. . .My head hurts

I rubbed weakly at my hurting temples, Near one of the patches of hair he ripped out I could feel a warm liquid.

I sighed and hauled my now sore body to my feet, My bag almost forgotten.

Before I reached my door I turned around and grabbed the bag.

As soon as I picked it up the books inside fell out of the opened top, Scattering all over the floor.

Of course, It just gets worse. . .

I crouched down, My body aching and sore as I did so.

Sighing, I picked up the scattered books, The hand Channing had stepped on was already bruised and was hurting like crazy.

Ow, Ow, Owie

I winced slightly as I moved it wrong, A bolt of pain shooting up my arm.

I clutched my hand back to my chest, Tears fogging my eyes.

Maybe I can pick them back up later. . .

I closed my eyes, My head starting to hurt from the accumulated amount of pain of the day.

I inhaled slowly a few times before forcing myself to quickly shove the books back into my bag with my hurt hand.

Instant regret was what I felt as soon as I did that.

I just flopped down onto my side, My arm and hand held close to my chest in agony.

Idiot. . . I'm such a useless idiot. . .

Sighing I forced myself to my feet, Tears in my eyes and disappointment in my heart.

As soon as I closed the door behind me I flopped down onto my bed limply.

My tired eyes closed as I reached out to pull my pillow back to me.

I held it over my face tiredly.

What If I just smother myself with this. . . Then things would be better. . .

Sighing I tossed it to the side, Wincing slightly at the sting in my hand as I did so.

Better get ready for bed. . .

-------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, This is super fucking late and cringy, This is starting to get hard to write. . .

Anyways, Any guesses on what the final soulmate will be like? Because you're most likely gonna meet him next chapter. . .

Anyways! Like always have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen