Act 2, Chapter 5: Foam

Here we go. . .

----------------------------------------------------

I was beyond exhausted and scared when we pulled into the familiar driveway in front of Emory's house.

''Come along, We can bring your stuff inside in the morning'' Emory murmured, Getting out of the car as he spoke.

Nervously, I hurried to follow him, Stumbling over my own feet in my rush, Not wanting to make him any angrier than he clearly already was.

He watched me silently for a moment before turning and unlocking the front door.

''I am home!'' He called out into the house, Jarringly reminding me why I left in the first place.

Because Channing is here. . .He'll probably be upset I've returned to ruin their most likely perfect relationship. . .

A small 'Woof' sound echoed through the hall before a large, Half tailed dog bounded it's way towards us, It's ears perked up in it's excitement.

 ''Hello Mirzam, I have brought some one back home with me'' Emory murmured as the happily wagging dog headbutted his hip, It's large tongue lolling out of it's very furry muzzle.

I couldn't see it's eyes with the sheer amount of fur on it, But I could safely assume they were happy.

He's . . .Got a dog? He got a dog with Channing??

 My chest hurt a bit at that thought. . .

It's nice. . .It's nice they're settling down together. . .It's- . . .I'm happy for them. . .

''Come Aspen, Give me your hand'' Emory murmured, Drawing my sad attention towards him and the patiently wagging dog.

Confused, I cautiously held my hand out, To which Emory instantly grabbed said hand.

Emory gently tugged me down until I was crouched on the ground next to him before guiding my hand forwards so the dog could sniff me.

A part of me was a bit curious why Channing hadn't come to see what all the commotion was about yet.

Before I could think much more on that, A warm tongue licked my hand, The dog happily wagging at me too.

''Mirzam, This is Aspen, He is my soulmate and will be remaining here. Aspen, This is Mirzam, Dimitri's sheep dog'' Emory murmured, Introducing the two of us to each other.

I blinked in surprise as the dog gently headbutted my hand, Asking for scratches.

My attention was pretty much fully absorbed by the dog that was actively trying to knock me over, Giving me energetic doggie kisses.

You can imagine my surprise when arms gently wrapped around my waist, Scooping me up as if I weighed nothing.

''H-Hey!'' I started to weakly protest, Startled as I was flung over Emory's shoulder like one would with a bag of potatoes.

''You are freezing cold.'' Emory stated simply as he carried me seemingly effortlessly towards the stairs.

His words explaining nothing about his actions.

The dog followed us as far as the bottom step before stopping and sitting down as Emory carried me up the stairs.

''E-Emory please. . .Please put me down I- I can walk by myself!'' I pleaded, Starting to squirm about in his grip only for him to squeeze me tightly around my waist once in warning.

Swallowing thickly, I stilled as best I could, Shivering ever so slightly at a multitude of things.

He carried me upstairs and into the bedroom we used to share.

Oddly enough. . .I saw no sign of Channing there either. . .

Maybe he's at a friend's? Or with Daniel?

Once again, I couldn't speculate much on that as I was abruptly placed down on the edge of the bath tub.

''Stay still.'' Emory ordered before reaching behind me to turn on the faucet, Setting the tub to fill.

I trembled faintly at the warm steam as he got up, Moving to rummage around in the bathroom cabinet for a moment before pulling out some sort of colorful bottle.

Bath bubbles. . .

I watched as he poured said bottle into the tub, A little bit dazed for some reason.

''Undress.'' Emory ordered as I watched the bath bubble  away.

Frowning, I nervously fiddled with my threadbare jacket, Feeling very self conscious about him seeing the state of my body at the moment.

''I-'' I started, About to try and come up with an excuse before the other man reached out for me.

''O-Okay! Okay. . .I- I can do it myself'' I rushed out, Not wanting him to be annoyed by having to undress me for whatever it was he had planned.

Cautiously, I slowly removed my layers upon layers of clothes, Shivering even more as my body was revealed to the steamy air of the bathroom.

I could feel Emory's eyes staring at my arms and my much more visible ribs as I continued to undress, Trembling slightly under his gaze.

Once I was naked and shivering, Covering my privates before him, He finally started to move, No longer staring at me anymore.

I watched on silently as he undressed as well, Revealing his still very handsome body.

''Get in the tub Aspen'' Emory ordered as he finished undressing, Drawing me out of the daze I had been falling into yet again.

My brain couldn't quite keep up with all the emotions today and it just. . .Shut down. . .Leaving me more or less robotic.

Hesitantly, I slowly slipped into the tub, Wincing and trying to muffle my sounds of slight pain as the very warm water burned at my still freezing cold skin.

''Shhh, You are going to be alright'' Emory murmured soothingly as he climbed into the tub as well right behind me, His voice taking on it's normal, Familiar tone.

Tears started to well up in my eyes at the familiar feel of this. . .At the reminder of how things used to be.

Emory gently tugged me back until I was sitting on his lap, Leaning back against his chest as the foamy bubbles lapped gently at what skin remained above the water as I shivered faintly.

The man behind me raised his hands before gently scratching at my scalp, Drawing a small whimper from me at the gentle contact.

My eyes drifted closed as he used a nearby cup to soak my hair, My heart clenching at his gentle kindness as he soon started to lather shampoo into my hair, Scraping gently at my head every now and then.

How my heart felt so raw by his care.

All I wanted to do was curl up and stay here with him forever. . .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

:T

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen