Chapter 10: 'Luck'

Annnd here we freaking go

------------------------------------------------------------

I glanced away from him, Trying to move away slightly as I tensed up.

Emory cleared his throat, His hand's grip on my shoulder tightened slightly, Stopping me from getting away.

''Aspen, Answer me'' He ordered, His voice quiet yet firm at the same time.

I opened my mouth slightly, About to beg for my freedom when he Moved his hand off of my shoulder and back to my arm.

I flinched back slightly, My body back to being as tense as a wire.

''I-I should go back t-to class. . .'' I tried, Attempting to tug my arm out of his lose grip.

My heart rate was picking up as I started to internally panic, My mind running through the different ways this could end.

None of them were good. . .

I gotta get out of here. . .

 Emory's grip tightened the slightest bit before loosening again, ''You can head back after you answer the question'' He reasoned, His accent seeming to calm down a bit.

''I. . . Fell?'' I said slowly, Trying to avoid his gaze as he stared intently at the side of my head.

''You fell?'' He checked, A note of disbelief in his voice.

''Y-Yeah??'' I said, My voice wavering uncertainly as I started to doubt how convincing I was.

Maybe I shouldn't have sounded so questioning. . .

 ''Is that a question or an answer?'' Emory asked quietly, Reaching his other hand out towards my face again.

I flinched slightly, My fear making him pause.

''I-I'ts a answer'' I squeaked out quietly as he rested the hand he had reached towards my face on my shoulder.

''. . . Last I checked. . . Falling does not make finger shaped bruises'' He muttered quietly, His eyes narrowing slightly as he finally managed to make and keep eye contact with me.

I swallowed thickly as I stared up at him, Feeling like a mouse caught by a cat as my heartbeat started to pick up.

''So, Who did this?'' Emory asked, Getting up, Releasing my arm and shoulder for a moment before crouching down to be eye level with me, His hands back on my shoulders.

''I-I, It's not . . . I'll be fin-'' I started to stutter out before the sound of the lunch bell started to drone loudly through the school.

Oh thank goodness, Saved by the bell, Literally. . .

''I-I need to go. . .'' I squeaked out, Gesturing towards the door.

Glancing back at him I saw him frown before the door to the gym opened, A group of kids chatting loudly as they took their packed lunches in with them.

Emory glanced over at the kids before sighing and getting up, '' Natürlich musste das Schicksal eingreifen'' He grumbled under his breath as the kids attention turned to us.

I turned my attention to the floor, My cheeks and ears heating up as the kids started to whisper to each other.

I flinched as a warm hand landed on my shoulder, Steadying me and drawing my attention away from the kids and to Emory.

''Come along, I will walk you back to your homeroom'' He muttered quietly to me, His accent strong again as he spoke.

''O-Okay'' I stuttered out meekly, My embarrassed attention returning to my suddenly very interesting shoes.

I allowed his warm and grounding hand to guide he through the halls, Quiet whispers from the kids around us kept me from even attempting to look up.

After a walk that felt like it was forever, We arrived at a closed door.

''We are here'' Emory said quietly to me, His hand on my shoulder squeezing slightly to get my attention.

''O-Oh, Thanks. . .'' I whispered, Glancing up at him briefly before turning my attention back to the door.

I hurriedly opened the classroom door, Slightly surprised when Emory actually let me go.

I sighed, My shoulders un-tensing as I leaned slightly on the closed door behind me.

Heck, I shouldn't have had breakfast. . .

My stomach grumbling quietly as it clenched painfully out of hunger.

The sound of a chair scraping across the classroom floor drew my startled attention upwards to what I had assumed to be a empty classroom.

My nervous fear settled down partly as I recognized who it was.

Channing stormed across the empty classroom towards me, His hands clenched into fists.

Neither of us said a word as Channing stopped a inch or so away from me.

I stared at him nervously, Cowering back slightly.

Next thing I knew I felt a stinging pain as Channing punched me right in my already sore stomach.

I doubled over, Collapsing to the cold classroom floor with a whimper of pain.

My body trembled as I braced myself for another strike.

Instead, He crouched down next to me, Grabbing onto my hair, Tugging my head back painfully.

''How pathetic. Can't even take a itty bitty bit of pain?'' Channing mocked, A cold grin on his face.

''W-Why?'' I asked quietly, Tears in my eyes as I stared up at him.

What did I do wrong to deserve this this time?

 ''Why?? WHY!? You really have a audacity to ask me why?'' He chuckled out, Tugging on my hair again painfully.

I hissed quietly, Tears beading in my eyes at the stinging pain.

''You know what happened after you left with that useless fucking cop?'' Channing demanded, Shaking my head back and forth roughly.

An whimper escaped me as the rapid movement made me want to puke thanks to my headache.

''Daniel got mad at me. Do you want to know his reasoning??'' He asked with faked sweetness.

''N-No?'' I tried, My voice barely above a whisper as I spoke.

That was the wrong answer, He shoved my head back quickly into the sturdy wooden door, His cold chuckle and the dull thud of my head being the only sound as my vision flashed black briefly.

''He thought I was bullying you. I got detention and it's all. Your. Fucking. Fault'' He hissed out, Shaking my head with each clipped word.

''B-But I-'' I started to say before he cut me off.

''B-But I-. But I what. What the hell do you have to say for yourself you useless bitch.'' He snapped out, Coldly mocking my fearful stutter.

'Useless bitch'

''I-I'm sorry'' I squeaked out, Looking down shamefully.

It's always my fault. . .

--------------------------------------------------------

Alllright, And Aspen's getting hurt again, Any guesses about how this is gonna go?

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen