"Okay." I said, taking it and shoving it into my bag.

Then, Mr Eaton handed me a piece of paper. "This is your fortnightly timetable." He said. "It has the subject, teacher initials and room on it. If you can't find any of the rooms, just ask one of the students or teachers- they're all quite friendly here. The main departments are quite straight forward, though- I'm sure you will get the hang of it within a couple of days." He paused, and took out another piece of paper. "Just in case, here's a map of the departments."

"Ah, thanks." I said gratefully. Then, the bell rang loudly- a sound I definitely did not miss.

"I don't know how things worked at your old school, but here we have a morning registration." Mr Eaton said. "This starts at eight fifty, and depending on whether we have assembly or not, it will finish at nine twenty. That's when your first lesson will begin. Your registration tutor is Miss Tavern- she'll be in the science department, which is literally through the canteen and then through the double doors to your right."

I nodded. "Okay." I said.

"If you have any worries or questions, just come and see me, or any of the other staff members. We'll be happy to help you out." He said.

I smiled. "Thanks." I then got up.

"Have a good day, Mollie." He said.

"You too." I said, and then left.

I did as Mr Eaton said, entering the canteen and then making my way to the science department through the double doors. It was hectic- it was more like one large corridor, where everyone was trying to go different ways all at once. All the little kids were charging through, barging past everyone as they did, and then all the bigger kids were just shoving their way past people. I spotted a couple of people in non-uniform, and wondered if they would be in my registration group, but then they vanished from sight amongst the swarm of kids.

Finally, I saw the room I needed to be in, and so walked in.

Everyone stopped to look up at the new girl, and immediately I felt a bit awkward- I realised I must have been a bit late.

"You must be Mollie?" I heard someone say in an Irish accent, and looked to the front to see the teacher there- she looked nice, with curly hair and square glasses. I assumed this was Miss Tavern.

"Um, yeah." I said, smiling awkwardly. "Sorry, I'm a bit late."

"Ah, not to worry, come in, come in." She said. "Take a seat."

"Thanks." I said quietly, and as I walked round to the find a seat, I spotted a brown head of hair. I recognised Amy instantly, but there were no seats near her, so I had to sit behind her at the back for now.

Miss Tavern took the register, and as she did, I had a look at my new timetable. Today, I had a double lesson of P.E and then history. I shared the P.E lesson with Amy, so that would be my chance to get to know her a bit better.

I briefly looked up, not really expecting to see anything, except the fact that Amy had turned to look at me. She was frowning a bit, but then as soon as I saw her looking at me, she quickly turned to look back at the front. I realised then that Stark had said she had a power, but nobody had any idea what that power was.

What if it was telepathy or something? Did that even exist? If it did, then I was totally fucked and my mission was over before it had even begun.

Still, all I could do was act as if nothing were amiss. My nerves could easily be covered by the fact that I was the new girl in school, so I didn't really have to worry too much about that.