Chapter 29 : Damien's stealthy act

He would have told them the truth but the presence of Mr

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

He would have told them the truth but the presence of Mr. Wallace Chestnut compelled him not to.

"I just got a feeling and sensed some kind of distinct sound that something wrong might happen since the event has already taken place before," he lied.

"I see."

They went through many narrow and wide roads to the end of Tawarn. There were only a few houses on the site but plenty of huge farming plots. Even in the midst of the night, Ermand could feel the refreshing air blowing against his face as he rested his face on the window pane of the car, seated with Jack at the back seat of Mr. Chestnut's grand car. They have never been in a car.

"Hope you find here comfortable in a matter of a few days. There's a plot which is at the back of the house. You can do plenty of farming and gardening there," Mr. Chestnut said while his driver turned the car into a house laid of bricks.

"The water supply and all other necessities are available although this place is a little bit far from the town and market. The boys might need to join the dorm at Agledon or it'll take two hours to get there."

"That's great!" Jack whispered to Ermand.

Jack had always wanted to join the dorm with his friends but he had to work in a potions factory due to the responsibility of contributing to their father's collection of money to pay their rent. Jason works in the same factory while Ermand works in a cafe. He contributes the money earned for food and other necessities. Mrs. Chisel used to work as a household servant but left when her health deteriorated.

After loading their shabby and broken furniture that seemed too essential to take along and less ruined, the kitchen utensils and the boys' college articles, Mr. Chestnut left while they found places for their things and tried getting accustomed to their new home. The little house was spick and span. They ate bread with some roasted beans before collapsing on their beds.

Ermand didn't know how he should thank Timothy and the fact of joining the dorm. How difficult would it be for the Chisels if he's only working part-time in the café. Plus he hates staying away from the warmth of his little family. Ermand slowly shut his eyes and dozed off, praying to sleep soundly without any dreadful dreams intruding.

"Finally you're joining us?" Timothy's eyes widened with a big, open smile.

"Yes, today. I just have to move a few things to the dorm."

"Always welcome. Hey, that boy who was supposed to be in our room is the same boy you stood up for before Damien. His name is Edwin Lapel."

"He seems very confined to himself and barely eats anything," Charlie shrugged.

"I guess it's Research period first. Boy, I've been excited for this!" Emile chuckled and moved forward with a thick book held under his arms.