Chapter 41 : Charm of the Protection shield spell

After stepping out of the Locoshifter, Ermand strolled toward a congested café with a large sign board on which Goffy's Goblet café was written

After stepping out of the Locoshifter, Ermand strolled toward a congested café with a large sign board on which Goffy's Goblet café was written. The paint seemed to have faded off over time.

"You work here?"

"Yes. As a waiter and at times, I wash the dishes."

Timothy nodded and scanned the insides of the café. His eyes wandered around the untidy café that was decorated with posters on all of its walls.

"So, the Chisel came after a long interval, huh?" A huge man with frizzy red beard and bulgy eyes grumbled at Ermand.

"I was not supposed to work anywhere for the first three months in Agledon-"

"Don't boast about your nasty endless tales to me, you're fired a long time ago!" He barked, scratching his beard.

"I'm fired? But you should understand that I'm not allowed to-"

"I don't care what the hell is your reason. You're fired and I've appointed a new guy better than you!"

"This is unfair, you should've sent him a knocketer stating-" Timothy had to cut from his talk when Ermand gripped his arm and shook his head to him.

"Now who is this guy you pulled from your trash?"

"Trash?" Timothy's eyes bulged out in shock. "You should learn to mind your language mister."

"I apologize from his part but you should understand my situation-"

"I'm not a Protector to understand everybody's situation."

"So, I'm fired?"

"Do you need me to repeat that again?" He roared. A broomstick rose in the air under the gesture of the grumpy man. Ermand knew he would definitely lash the broomstick at him if he stayed there any longer.

"I need the payment for the two months I worked here."

"I have got nothing to pay you, Chisel."

"What about all of my efforts?"

"We'll, I don't think you did much effort in serving the people and washing some dishes. Now go!"

"You call that no effort?" Timothy asked the man in a furious tone.

"I shouldn't have trusted you," Ermand said, dragging Timothy out of the shop.

"You should've asked for your money. How much do you get paid for two months?"

"Five Twoks."

Timothy was startled to hear that Ermand would only get five Twoks after working there for two months.

"I didn't know people were this bad. What are you going to do?"