Chapter 40 : Goffy's Goblet café

"Are you alright, Charlie?" He asked, placing a hand on his arm

"Aah!" He whined.

"What?"

"That's my broken arm."

"Sorry. Hey, I heard your pants were burned with fire," Timothy said, stifling a laugh.

"Yeah. It was a Chimera. It blew fire on the back of my pants while I was trying staggering forward. Wow, my pants have a large hole there. I should get a new one now. A narrow escape, it was."

"Is Edwin okay, now?" Emile inquired, glancing around the hall of the Health care and Casualty department of the Healers.

"I don't know. He's thin as a stick already, think of the condition he would have if a lot of blood is drained from his body. The nurse who takes care of him told me that he will be okay. Why don't we see him?" Charlie suggested, pulling himself from the bed.

The boys walked toward the end of the hall to find two nurses sitting at the end of a bed with Edwin sleeping.

"Can we talk to him?" Ermand asked one of the nurses, slanting on the table near her.

"Yes..." She replied while she dozed.

"Edwin," Ermand called, gently tapping on his hands. Charlie sat near the foot of the bed while Emile placed the back of his hand on Edwin's forehead.

"He's still hot," he said to the dozing nurse.

"Edwin, can you hear us?" Ermand tapped on his arms again.

Slowly, Edwin opened his eyes and glanced at his friends who were gazing at him with worry filled in their faces. Edwin tried lifting his hand but felt too weak to do so.

"It's alright. We just wanted to know if you're okay. Are you?" Charlie asked.

"Not... completely... but... I'm... better than... before."

"We're glad to hear that. Once you're discharged from here, we'll take care of you. Man, you look like a corpse except that you're not dead," Timothy said, shaking his head in disbelief of how Edwin looked.

"I've... completed... my DCT, right?"

"Yes, you did. Professor Derek Chestnut just notified me that you're allowed to take a week's leave from the classes."

"Cool."

Emile turned to Charlie, frowning.

"I mean, not cool," Charlie gulped, staring at Emile.