Chapter 12 : Company with the inferiors

Many names were called, but not Ermand Chisel

Many names were called, but not Ermand Chisel. The list seemed to be endless but without his name in it.

Ermand knew this. Either he might have failed the selection or they might have known that he has no highschool certificate. However he was much despondent about it. It was while he busied himself in the memory of the tiny old room and the man that he realized he hadn't shown the man the note. He gasped as the thought occurred in his head, he immediately turned toward Charlie.

"I forgot to show the high professor's note to the man," he whispered.

Charlie gasped low.

"So, did he ask you anything about school?"

"No he didn't, but I confirmed that I'm a Chisel because I had attended Dolmen's school for Chisels."

Charlie opened his mouth to speak something but he was cut by a louder voice.

"And... Ermand Chisel."

Ermand and Charlie looked up. Both of them couldn't believe Ermand was selected with the name of a random school name.

"Oh well. Keep it for now, might come handy in the future," Charlie said, nodding.

All of his friends were happy that they were selected, but Ermand was still not convinced with everything. While he was pondering about this, something hard ran abruptly from his feet inside his body that he felt giddy for a moment. It felt like an electric shock entering his body.

"What's the problem? You don't look happy to be selected?" Timothy enquired.

"I'm happy. I'm not feeling right, maybe it's because of the void I entered in."

"The void?" Emile shook his head. "You were hallucinating. There's no void, it's the charm of the liquid in that bowl, but the bowl puts connection to Mr. Vinn's room. You disappear when you reach there. In total, there's no void."

The thought of there's no void astounded Ermand. Maybe he was hallucinating but how did all that happen?

"But yes, the void that you say plays a very important role other than connecting you to the room of Mr. Vinn. It also gives you a giddy sort of feeling that it will leave you dumb for a long time, approximately one hour or so. This was why we were all keeping mum even if we wanted to speak. You felt the same, right?"

No he didn't. He remembers that he muttered something to himself after he left the desk.

"Hey, check out the declaration of results in the healing department," Timothy called to them.

Before Ermand could walk toward Timothy with Emile, he gasped. The same electric shock hit him again. It was hitting his whole body. It hit him at every place inside his body as if tiny thorns were being nailed into his flesh. Consequently, he stopped in his tracks and started panting. He collapsed on the nearest chair he could find. He moaned when he felt the pain swimming into his head, he felt his brain hitting against his skull.