Chapter 7 : Ermand's interview

Timothy took in a deep breath and muttered something to himself that was inaudible to Ermand

"You'll do good," Ermand encouraged, placing a hand on Timothy's shoulder.

Timothy returned a nod.

"Oh, and don't forget to tell me how it's like," Ermand commented.

"Good luck.".

Timothy let out a heavy sigh.

"Alright, alright. Just don't exaggerate anymore," he said, scurrying off to the interviewer.

He caught a glimpse of his parents trying to catch his attention, but he didn't bother to look at them. He knew they must be as nervous as he was, maybe more than him. He was their only son, and he wanted to make them proud. Joining Agledon was always a part of the prestige of the high clans because it was the best university in the whole magical dimension.

Ermand eagerly waited for Timothy's return.

What will the interview be like?

After waiting for twenty minutes, Timothy walked toward him with a wide grin plastered on his handsome face.

"You passed?"

"Yup," Timothy smiled.

Ermand paused for a moment and took a glance around the hall.

"How was it?" He asked, facing Timothy.

"Not so nice, actually, but I think I've done well. The Professors there asked me about my achievements, a few questions, my point of view about the society, and asked me to demonstrate a spell against a charm casted by one of them."

"About society?" Ermand's eyebrows furrowed.

"Well, I just said that the society was diverse. That's all I knew," Timothy laughed.

Ermand didn't join him in the laugh. It was not a joke for him. The diversity, in a sense, was humiliation. The diversity that was created long before it made the lives of the suppressed worse, but he knew that was not what Timothy meant.

"I hope I'll make it," Ermand mumbled to himself.

As hours passed many students were called.

"Ermand Chisel. Fingercut street, One-hundred-two. Tawarn."

The moment had finally come round. He had to face it, or lose it. No, he can't lose. After all this time, he found company in Timothy, the fabulous college, his expectant parents and most importantly, Jack.

His parents were comforting at the same time. They can never be his biological parents, but they were the best parents ever. Ermand watched them rushing toward him.

"Don't worry Ermie. We've got it," Mrs. Chisel held his arm.

Ermand quietly followed his parents after he gave a wave to Timothy. He noticed a puzzled look on Timothy as his parents joined him toward the instructor who called his name.