Chapter 17 : The fresher's party

"Happy to have all of the one thousand one hundred and sixty-six students assembling here with their cheerful faces," he said

"Happy to have all of the one thousand one hundred and sixty-six students assembling here with their cheerful faces," he said. Crinkles formed at the corner of his eyes when he smiled. His smile was as if each and every student had his gaze upon them. This brought the attention of all the students assembled in the hall toward him.

"Please be seated," he said. His features looked serene as he spoke.

Everybody seated themselves on the polished red wood benches that could seat four people leisurely.

The four friends sat on one of the benches near to them.

"There's Odin," Charlie pointed while he whispered in Timothy's ear. Odin was sitting at the end of the bench far opposite to them. He was gazing at the platform with great curiosity.

Before Timothy could utter a single word to Charlie, Emile, who was sitting next to Timothy's left, hushed them and turned to face the Professors.

"This university has been functioning as strong as ever for four hundred and fifty five years. I'm extremely proud to announce that all of the students that had passed their final year with flying colours have learned something that no college or education could teach."

He paused to make sure everybody was listening to him.

"That trust and respect is one of the foremost things that makes a Spellcaster. I hope, all of your journey of six year in this college will be the path of realization and revelation. Thank you."

Everybody clapped after his short speech. Ermand inhaled through his mouth as the man walked backward to join among the other people on the white tiled platform. He was still nervous, the classes hadn't started yet, which means there is a possibility of him being thrown out of the college when they come to know he doesn't have a school certificate. It was with the only faith in this man that he was seated with his friends in the hall.

Thereafter, a woman in the same sea green cloak read a list of rules from a large scroll that levitated in front of her. Timothy and Charlie were yawning while Emile was busy making sure that all of the words uttered from the woman's mouth was registered in his mind. Ermand's mind was elsewhere, he was still worried about what would happen when the teachers come to know he doesn't know the elementary magic of all the subjects that were taught at the magic schools. He thought of the girl who was caught for cheating the last day.

Ermand still felt the chill when he joined his friends. How all of that happened with just an invitation. He knew that Agledon accepts students from all countries and every varied clan despite their grades without bothering any of them to pay the expenditure for the whole six years, but they won't accept students without a magic school certificate. This thought had been distorting Ermand's thoughts for the past two days since he got the invitation. He made sure that he would talk about this at home.