Chapter 1: New start

The brunette's hair softly waved as the winter's breeze slowly made its way through locks. The couple red highlights looked like and undertone. The building of Beacon University stood like a mountain, filled to the brim with teachers that have more expertise in fighting than most schools. A couple people were already gathered at the entrance to the school, with their massive suitcases. Ruby's Case was Black with red outer stitching, with a couple stickers of rooster teeth on them. Her sister in yellow was at the entrance with her friends. Of course she, she always is. Her thoughts said.

"Oi! Yang, what you're meant to be doing is helping me settle in, not flirt with the guys!" She called out as she passed. Yang didn't even think about not listening to her sister. She knew what true passive-anger was with Ruby. Soon enough the brawler was by Ruby's side.

"Hey sis, Are you ready for Your first day Beacon?" She asked in a cheery voice. Ruby's face quickly changed to a display of childish happiness.

"Of course I am! What kind of dimwit do you take me for?" She asked, rhetorically. Yang, in a playful manner, opened her mouth to answer.

"You answer that and you will no longer have a head." Ruby warned as she walked. Yang's messy locks blew past her face, sometimes tickling her. Yang giggled and carried on walking by her half-sisters side.

"Do you believe that a child like me has a place in a huge school like this?" The smaller girl asked, in a childish voice. Yang's face only displayed confusion.

"What kind of question is that Miss I-can't-wait-to-get-to-beacon?" The sister asked. The brunette sent her a smile and carried on walking toward the place where Yang was leading her. Most likely their dorm.

"So who's exactly in our Dorm group?" Asked a curios Ruby who still had no idea where she was going yet. They were getting nearer to a building on the left wing, the area of the new first years.

"I will let you find out, just be careful, one of our roommates are quite um...what's the word..." Yang trailed off as she thought about it. Bitchy...that's a great word for the ice queen. I don't even think that Ruby's great happiness and just pure innocence could break her icy vision of everyone.

"Im going to go with mean....I think..." Yang chuckled. That was a way understatement. The duo entered the room to find a silent room. On the right of the room was a girl in black. Her hair was straight, down to her lower back. Her eyes were a glowing ember, like a dying fire. Her face was nothing but calming and passive. But the Reaper knew that wasn't the case. She also had a funny little purple bow atop her head.

On the left a girl in white and grey lay on her bed with a book on tactics for swordsmen in her hand. She held a perfect posture, like heiress to a posh company. Her hair was a pure white in a ponytail on the right of head. Her eyes, one of the first things the reaper noticed, were a very odd colour. Instead of being a brown or even blue, They were a dull and boring white. She was a bit of a hypocrite. Her eyes were a storm cloud grey. Not exactly the most normal colour to ever exist. Yang's nudge, brought her out of the trance. Yang, discreetly, nodded over to white haired girl and gave a nod. So this is the girl who isn't exactly the nice one. Ruby slowly made her way over to the bed that she now owned and placed her stuff down. Without a word she slipped in her earphones and started one of her favourite songs; Blow me away by breaking Benjamin.

'They fall in line, one at a time. Ready to play' the lyrics sang in her ears. Unconsciously she started to sing to it as she unpacked. Yang, being the half-sister instantly joined in,

"I can't see them anyway!" She sang as she came over to help Ruby.

"No time to lose, we got to move. Steady the helm!" Ruby continued with a grin, her and yang used to listen to this when they were in the same house at the highest volume.

"I am losing sight again." Unknowingly, the girl in black started to join into, picking up the words.

"Fire your guns, it's time to run. Blow me away!"

"I will stay, in the mess I made." The raven haired girl sang, low but just enough for them to hear. Soon enough the Bridge kicked in and they all sang in unison, the only other being the snowy haired girl.

"Would you stop singing that crap?" She shouted. The room became silent for a few seconds. The rest of the roommates realising that they had been singing a tad bit too loudly. The girl in white gave a posh 'Humph!' And settled back to her studying. They all returned to their respective doings. Ruby still unpacking, The Shadow, reading her book, The brawler playing with the Girl in blacks hair and the posh one reading in silence.

~~~~~~~2 Hour Time skip! ~~~~~~

After unpacking all her stuff, the reaper jumped on her bed and lay there, staring at the ceiling. Why she found it so entertaining she had no clue.

"So! What are all your names?" Ruby asked to no one in particular. The first one to pipe up was the girl in black.

"My name's Blake Belladonna. I'm your sister's girlfriend. Not exactly the most interesting person in the world." She said with small smile to Ruby. The childish teen turned to the other girl.

"So what's your name miss Bossy?" Ruby asked in a childish way that made the older girls blood boil.

"My names Weiss Schnee, The daughter and Heiress to the largest dust company in the world. I do not take amateurs, such as you very lightly, so tread carefully." She finished, hoping in some way to intimidate the girl in way to stop her pestering her. That didn't even make a difference to the teen. The younger girl just smiled and carried on doing her stuff. Yang had started to play with Blake's hair again, like a kitten that has just got a new toy.

"Yang you look like a little kitten playing with Blake's hair like that." She laughed. The brawlers face became red with embarrassment. The red head chuckled as the intercom in their room.

"All students to the Cliff outside the school!" Came the strong voice of the headmaster. The girls took a few seconds to pick up their weaponry. Ruby picked her signature weapon, Her Scythe also known as Crescent Rose. The heiress picked up her rapier known as Myrtenaster, a blade made for using to dust to a combat method, perfectly fitting for the heiress to the biggest dust company in the world. After a silent walk to the cliff the huntresses in training stood in their positions, ready to be launched. 'Alright Ruby, Just got to land perfectly'

"My dear Hunters and Huntresses. Here is your Initiation to this school and the decider of your classes." The headmaster, Ozpin, Said as he took a sip of his coffee. The girls looked over the edge to see a forest that completely covered the ground like the sea.

"Once all of you hit the ground, the first person you lock eyes with is your partner for the rest of your time here at Beacon. So make sure you can get along or else things aren't going to be as smoothly as you want." He chuckled. The students were flung into the air and toward the forest at an incredible speed. Ruby chuckled as she used her Crescent rose to push her to further heights and speeds. When she thought she was far enough not to be noticed or be partnered.

A/N Welcome to the start of my first official book. Ever!

~HauntingHydrex