35

2 years later

Third Person POV

Hotch sits at his desk going over the reports from his team's last case when JJ knocks on the door and waves a case file at him. He sighs, but nods and says "I'll be right there" as he pushes the reports aside and follows her to the conference room where the team is already seated at the round table.

"Manhattan" Garcia introduces as she takes the remote from the table and the gruesome images of three women fill the screen in front of them. "Alicia Treble, Lacey Parsons, and Rose Moore were found dead all within 72 hours of each other. Alicia was a hedge fund manager, Lacey was a very expensive divorce attorney, and Rose worked on Wall Street." Garcia gives the team a summary of what the NYPD gave her and they just look to their tablets for the rest of the information.

Reid notices "All high profile jobs. These were successful women" and Emily nods "Women in positions of power. We could be looking at an UnSub who felt like he was overshadowed by the women in his life" so Morgan adds on "He could see these women as the reason for his lack of success."

The team deliberates and Hotch just nods "Alright. Wheels up in 45" before heading back to his office to grab his go bag and meet the team out on the tarmac.

Reid and Morgan whisper among themselves as they head to the elevator before everyone else. Hotch finds it curious that they didn't wait for the others. He finds it even more interesting that they both seem extremely happy about whatever it is they're discussing.

Morgan's usually annoyed by Reid's constant talking so, what could Reid have said that lifted his mood?

#

"He knows who we are" JJ argues against the idea of putting an agent in now that they've located the UnSub's hunting grounds. "So, why not bring in someone he doesn't know" mentions Morgan and everyone turns to him "I've got a girl here in Manhattan... she can do it."

Emily wiggles her eyebrows at him asking "Oh, you've got a girl, huh" but Morgan just laughs it off "It's not like that. She's an agent" so Hotch looks to him with creased eyebrows. "Who is she" he asks and Morgan explains "Just an old friend. She fits the UnSub's type; there's no way he won't go for her" pushing Hotch to let him bring the girl in.

"You'll get her ready" asks Hotch and Morgan nods "I'm trusting you, Morgan. She's your responsibility" he reminds his agent but Morgan nods completely understanding. "Reid, you come with me" orders Morgan and Hotch's interest is peaked yet again.

What is going on between those two?

Reid jumps at the opportunity and heads out to the SUV with Morgan while the rest of the team puts a plan in place for tonight's set up.

An hour goes by and Hotch texts Morgan with the details for tonight:

Company party @8. The Campbell Apartment. Black tie. Don't be late.

Morgan's eyes roll at the last part of the message as he shares it with Spencer who just shrugs having already grown accustomed to Hotch's sour mood. He forwards the message to the girl they're waiting on who's upstairs in her hotel room getting ready.

"Fancy hotel" Spencer comments and Morgan just jokes "Are you surprised" making Spencer laughs as they just patiently wait in the lobby of the hotel.

"Why do women take so long to get ready" asks Morgan and Spencer lights up knowing the answer but first he asks "Is that a rhetorical question" and Morgan looks to him "Wait, do you actually know the answer?"

Spencer nods.

"Let's hear it" Morgan chuckles and Spencer clears his throat.

"Women tend to take more time getting ready due to the many steps in their routines. While there are some women who are referred to as "low maintenance" they still take longer than men because society has molded them to carefully pick apart her appearance so that she may appear "acceptable" to those who will be at the event with her. The women who are referred to as "high maintenance" are more so the type to not only want to satisfactorily impress their companions, but go the extra mile to outdo them. Also, there have been studies that say that the longer a woman takes to get ready for a date the more attracted she is to the person she's going a date with...same goes for men, actually."