8

sorry sorry sorry! this is a short chapter! I just wanted to introduce a little background on Sandy's history with Arabietti

Paola, from my team, brought me copies of all the files I collected on Arabietti and anyone connected to him; she also brought me as much information as she could possibly collect from our mission in Milan. 

I've covered most of my windows in thick white paper and they're now a collage of Lionel Arabietti and his mafia. 

My phone rings. 

"Dr. Reid" I answer hearing Erin's voice on the other line Sandra she greets and I already know why she's calling I gathered as much information as I could on Lionel Arabietti she tells me and I feel like a weight's been lifted when she continues You were right. He's hiding out in Hell's Kitchen. 

My eyebrows furrow as I rack my brain "I thought Manzoni ran Hell's Kitchen" I mention and I hear paper's turning on her end as she agrees You're absolutely right, but no better place to hide than where no one will look for you. 

No one except me. 

"I have history with Manzoni" I tell her as I look over all the notes on my windows and ask "Do you think I could have those files you pulled" but it doesn't take much to hear movement on her side. 

Getting all the copies you need as we speak she assures and I thank her before hanging up the phone and locking eyes with Arabietti's first ever mugshot. He was 16 years old and arrested for assault when he beat a kid within an inch of his life for inappropriately touching his sister. 

I first met him 43 years later at Fashion Week Milan; the team and I had just finished a two-and-a-half month long case and decided to visit the runways. He introduced himself to me as soon as I entered the tent and insisted that my team and I take his seats in the second row. I put him on my watchlist as soon as the trays of caviar and champagne reached us; only a mafioso would overcompensate as soon as he spotted Interpol in his territory. 

The thought of it makes me laugh now. 

He was so confident.

 "Now, look at you" I whisper to the mugshot "Ti ho preso per le palle" and a smirk spreads over my face knowing that I got the big, bad head of the Arabietti family hiding out in another gang's territory. 

The irony of the situation being that Manzoni took over Hell's Kitchen only after he was run out of Genoa.

 My alarm goes off breaking me from my trance and I see the label telling me to change my dressings. I head to the bathroom and peel off the gauze as carefully as I can seeing the crusted over scars underneath. The smell makes me want to gag as I take an alcohol soaked cotton ball and clean the area meticulously; it stings where the alcohol drips over the watery wounds. I let the wounds breathe for a bit as I take a look at myself in the mirror wondering if I'm presentable enough to head down to FBI headquarters for those copies Strauss mentioned. 

I'm wounded, who's going to complain about what I'm wearing? 

I wrap my hair into a strategically messy bun and redress my wounds before going back out to my bedroom and sliding on some sneakers over my socks

 My keys are on my nightstand, I grab them and my purse before heading out of my apartment making sure I lock it tightly behind me. I take the elevator to my building's parking garage and my car purrs to life as I hold the button on my key fob and I step inside to speed off towards the FBI.

 I take the elevator to my building's parking garage and my car purrs to life as I hold the button on my key fob and I step inside to speed off towards the FBI

#

The girl on the 3rd floor, whose name is Erika, hands me an entire box full of the copies I needed from Strauss while looking over my outfit with raised eyebrows. 

Yes, this is what I'm wearing. 

Problem? 

"Thank you" I muster a smile for her before grabbing the slightly heavy box and heading back to the elevator, but when it opens in front of me I come face to face with Spencer and JJ. 

Spencer immediately takes the box from me and I say nothing but I silently thank him as the ache in my abdomen is relieved. "What's this" asks Spencer and I just lean against the elevator wall explaining "Something to do" and JJ giggles asking "Are you allowed to be working right now" but I just shoot her a look and she laughs it off.

 Spencer gives me a scolding look and I whine "I'm bored, Spencer. There's nothing to do in that apartment except eat, sleep, and repeat" but JJ suggests "There's always Netflix." 

The elevator opens in front of us and JJ asks "Since you're so bored, wanna take a look at this case with us" but Spencer answers for me and nudges me forward to step off the elevator. 

"Well well well" Morgan greets and I roll my eyes as Emily stifles a laugh and Spencer sets the box down on his desk while Morgan mentions "You sure know how to keep people guessing" and I stick my tongue out at him. 

JJ heads up to Hotch's office to let him know everyone's ready as we all make our way to the conference room and I see the pictures on the screen as Emily pulls a chair for me close to her so we can look over the case file together. Hotch and Rossi walk into the conference room and each have different reactions to seeing me in their conference room. Aaron thinks nothing of it and has a seat beside me while Rossi raises his eyebrows and a small smirk tugs at the corner of his lips before having a seat beside Spencer. 

"What are you doing here" Aaron whispers and I explain "Strauss" so he nods as he motions for JJ to get started explaining the case.

also a little side note:

that last part

Aaron's not being rude. He just remembers seeing the bandages and knows she shouldn't be working. He's worried about her y'all. 

It's supposed to be a cute little thing