28

*4 months later*

Aaron's in Pakistan.

Rossi's in charge of his team.

While on my extended medical leave, I've helped Derek and Penelope with their surveillance on Declan and I brought Spencer into the mix.

Sloane and my team are on their way back from Germany and ready in case I need help with the case

Bullpen. Now.

Derek texts me and I slide my blazer on before twisting the cap onto my coffee tumbler and grabbing my keys to head down there. He must have found something, and filled in the rest of the team if he's asking me to come by.

 He must have found something, and filled in the rest of the team if he's asking me to come by

#

I stare through the two-way glass at Ian Doyle seething at the sight of him. He seems scared.

Good.

"Here" Spencer hands me the folder with surveillance images of Gerace and my jaw clenches as I worry for Declan. "Louise is dead" I sigh as I get to her photo and I look to Spencer "This was personal. It's practically overkill. They could've just taken Declan, but to do this..." making his eyebrows furrow. "You don't think it was him" asks Erin from behind me and I shake my head as I point out "He seems genuinely concerned" but she doesn't seem convinced. "His carotid" I mention as I point to the screen and JJ joins us "It's pulsing quicker than it should. His forehead's tight and his eyes are darting back and forth like he's searching his mind for some sort of answer. He didn't take Declan." Erin nods her head as we watch Derek talking to him.

6 hours.

It's been 6 hours since they took Declan.

"Hotch just landed" JJ announces and I feel a certain excitement in me, but my concern for Declan overpowers it.

Doyle looks messy, unkempt, just the way I imagined he'd look when I pointed my gun at his face after finding him in whatever rat hole he was hiding in.

"How long have you been looking for Doyle" asks Erin and I admit "Since he impaled Emily with a 2 by 4" making her eyes widen in shock as she asks "7 months" but I shake my head "6months and 12 days." She looks at me angrily and I realize this might not be the time for exact numbers. "Are you surprised" Spencer asks and she just scoffs as she leaves us to head back to her office.

Spencer and JJ leave to go put together a crime board and Rossi approaches to watch Morgan trying to get anything he can out of Doyle. "I've seen a lot more of you in these past months than I thought I would" he tells me and without taking my eyes off Doyle I tell him "Now you know why."

He hmph's and I turn to look at him "Something you'd like to say" and he shakes his head "Not when you're in this mood" but I notify him "You're not gonna catch me at a better time."

"Where's Jack" he asks and I raise an eyebrow at the odd question "With his aunt" I answer although it should be obvious. "He hasn't been staying with you" he asks and I get where he's trying to go with this "You're still prodding into my life with Aaron" I ask and he nods once.