22

"NO" I slam my hands against the wall outside the interrogation room as I watch Aaron offer Clyde a deal "Sandy" Rossi tries to calm me down, but I won't. "He doesn't deserve a deal" I tell him trying desperately to keep my voice level "He sold them out. He knew exactly what was going to happen and he sold them out."

It's taking everything in me not to storm into the interrogation room.

"Pack lightly. Guantanamo gets humid" Aaron threatens and I almost smile.

Traitor.

You deserve nothing less.

Rossi joins Spencer in another interrogation room to interrogate Fahey. He's going to squeal like the rat he is. I'm not worried about him. He's eventually going to give everything up and we'll find Emily.

I'll find Emily.

They take Fahey up to the roof for a smoke and I pace back and forth. I look back at the profiling board trying to find any small detail they might have missed. Anything that will tell me where Doyle is. Where Emily is.

Gunshots.

No.

I look to the stairwell.

NO!

I head to the stairs but medics and CSU are already running up and Rossi comes down with the new girl. She's got blood on her.

SHIT.

They got Fahey.

NO!

DAMMIT!

I need air.

There are snipers outside.

One look at my face and Doyle takes the shot.

I could find his sniper.

To do that I'd have to know where the shot came from.

The medics.

I sneak away from everyone and head up the stairwell where the medics are bringing Fahey's body down. CSU comes after them. "Based on the wounds, where do you think the shots came from" I ask and he mentions "The roof of the building across the street. Likely a sniper rifle" so I nod and thank him as I head back down the stairwell with them.

My bag's in the breakroom. I could grab it and head to the bathroom then sneak out through the window.

I step into the breakroom finding my bag and taking it on my way to the bathroom.

No one's watching me.

Good.

I'm technically not supposed to have a gun right now.

My brain starts calculating the time it'll take the sniper to take apart his gun and run to the getaway car.

I have a little over 2 minutes left. No one's looking for him. He'll take his time.

I lock the door to the bathroom and pull my gun from beneath my clothes. It's got a full clip. I have a spare. I shove it into my sock as I attach my holster to my hip and place my gun in there.

Don't forget the silencer.

There are brass knuckles in my shoes and I put those in my back pockets positioning them for easy access.

Always keep an extra gun.

That's what the hoodie's for. A black hoodie to replace my blazer. Kevlar. An Uzi submachine gun. Easy to use and even more effective.