chapter 41

I toss and turn for the whole night. His state burn holes on my back. It was dark but I know he is awake and was staring at me. But I didn't had the heart to look back at him. I snuggle into my blankets neck deep and close my eyes.

Though our beds are in different corner of the room not please don't forget his room is like....huge. but I could still feel him close. Like I will turn and he will be just beside me.

But that would be creepy. 

And I won't be able to sleep my whole life.

Then I close my eyes tightly and tried to save the night left.

***

I pull the cover closer to me when I feel cold winds blows into my face. 

I felt cold.

So I peek a little from the blankets to see the bright light illuminating the whole room. A few birds flying up in sky.

But where is the sun? Isn't it the east side?

My bed is near to the window so usually my everyday starts with watching a sun rise.

I look around and sat up. The Prince was not in sight but the maids were.

"The dinner is almost ready. "

The maids tell me and continue cleaning.

I overslept.

I overslept.

I hold my hairs back and sigh.

"Why did nobody woke me up?" I mumble getting  off the bed.

"We aren't allowed to." The maid pointed out almost guilty.

I nodded and quickly rushed to take a bath.

I was angry. I was angry on myself. 

How could I be that careless?

I missed the royal court session too.

That never happened ever before.

I slept late but I would have never have overslept.

Did he intentionally let me sleep?

Or he intentionally didn't let me sleep last night so that I would over sleep.

I always knew that he will turn me insane.

I huffed when I sat back on my bed. I didn't wear the jewellery just my anklets. I didn't went to dinner too.  That's the punishment I gave myself for being so careless.

I felt a little quilty too, I missed one day to prove myself.

I suddenly falt caged inside this huge room.  A golden cage.

I sat on my bed quietly and gaze as the moon start showing up. 

I braid my hairs and remember when the Prince told me that I'm not allowed to let my hair open outside this room. Then I look at the anklets and moved my feet a little to hear their tinkle. I liked wearing anklets because I feel happy when I wore them but now I feel like I'm wearing it because the Prince told me too. I'm in his room, almost trapped, because he feared that I will run away from here. He don't have to hear the judgments of people about us sleeping in same room. He is not pointed out if he would sleep with all the girls of the kingdom but I will be pointed out if I let my hair open. Men can show off their salary and job but when a women even hints that she has brain too, she is shushed by the rules and responsibility. I could be here because of my worth, my intelligence but I'm here just to return a favor the Prince has done to my family. Even before I was here not because of my intelligent, I was here just as a alternative for my father. The Queen doesn't like me already because she think that girls belong in kitchen and I am ambitious to be a part of royal court. Arianna was so eager to prove me a whole just because I work with prince. The guards of this palace think I'm another play toy for the Prince for his entertainment. Asher and Some people are ready to do so many unholy things to me just because I won a horse race. The ministers don't leave a chance to embarrass me in the royal court.

I don't know what I'm gonna explain to my parents if they ever know about this? I don't even know how will the king react if he came back before I left?

And the Prince,

I don't know what he is doing to me but I just don't want to fall for him. It would be bad. Very bad. I always knew he was a player and he had his ways. He probably done the same thing to every girl he had been with. Why I'm letting it affect me?

I'm just scared about one thing. I must not fall for him. I cannot.

But the things he do to me.

I shook my head vigorously to disappear those desiring thoughts.

Am I already falling for him?

No I can't. I'm not.

Or am I?

Then I heard the huge door being open and the Prince walks in. His walk was full of pride and dominance. He lock the door behind him. When he look back his eyes eyes came straight to mine.

My inside shudder a little.

I don't know why but I got up from my bed.

I'm not scared. It was my courtesy.

"You didn't came for dinner. " his voice was loud as he walked closer to me. Once he was few inches away from me. I looked away from him.

"I wasn't hungry." I lied and looked down.

He lift my face up by a finger below my chin. He was so close. So close. I lick my lips and his eyes darted down.  My breath halted when he leans further. My hands moved up to him chest for support. He was towering over me and my neck was craned up.  I shut my eyes when I felt his breath on my nose.

"If this is the last time I'm seeing you, then it worth it."

With that his lips slammed down on mine. The feeling was so intense that I clutch his robe in fists. His lips were soft against mine and he tastes like wine. The kiss was slow only for a moment before he decide to use his teeth. Gosh, my belly drops the moment he bite and pulled my lower lip. I never realised when his arms wrapped sound me but now I could feel him press me onto him by his palm spread wide on my upper and lower back. The moment he ran his palm down on my bare back, I lost it. I gave up holding back and moaned. I think he heard it because he let out am approval groan too. Then I felt a hand move from my back until my hairs were yanked back and he increased the intensity of the kiss.

When just couldn't breath anymore I bring my hand up to his cheek and pull back my face. Our forehead touching and we were breathing hard.

That was so intense but so wrong.

Why would he do that? Can I lie and say I didn't like it  and I don't want to feel it again?

"I'm going to give you the only thing that will please you. " he mumbled. When I open my eyes to look up his eyes were closed.

If this is the last time I'm seeing you?

What does he mean by that?

I waited for him to continue. He then open his eyes and his look was intense.

"You are a free Soul and there is only one thing that could please you." He said and I remembered our deal of last night about pleasing each other.

He was serious.

"Your freedom. " he ended and I was on night cloud at first and then I can do crashing down to the ground.

"From this day, from this time, from his moment, I free you from all my favors and restrictions."