40.

I close the study door behind me a and locked it. Letting out a tired sigh I walked down in the dark corridor. It was so dark that I had to walk slowly and cautiously. It's past midnight,  I guess he must be slept by now.

It's been four days I'm doing this.  Waking up before him, getting busy in different chorus, then when we are in the royal court I refrain myself from looking at him and then I disappear myself in the study till midnight.

Whenever I return to his room he is always sleeping.

We haven't exchanged a word after that day in the royal court.

Not even a glance.

I realised how wrong we were doing. We weren't supposed to be doing this. This flirting, those touches, me feeling drowsy to his every touch.

This is the problem.

Whatever he is doing, it's began to affect me. I'm not admitting that I'm dreaming about the night we were almost so close, but I'm dreaming about that moment every night.

It shouldn't be.  It wasn't supposed to be. I wasn't supposed to be craving to be close to him. I wasn't supposed to be yearning for his touches. But my heart warms up whenever he show even little care about me.

I reached his door and very slowly pull the doors. It was dark inside too. I quietly step inside and pulled the door close behind me.  I stepped meekly and try not to make any noise by my anklets.

I quietly walked up to my closet to take my clothes. He was asleep on his bed. I quietly remove my anklets and other jewellery and put it in drawer. After that I went to take a warm bath.

By the time I had returned back after a long warm bath, I found his bed empty.

My heart fluttered and my breath quickens. Maybe he went out,  I should just go to bed quickly.

I took quick steps towards my bed and when I was about to get on my bed I heard a voice. The voice came from right in front of me. From my bed.

"Are you done avoiding me?"

His voice was groggy and it melted something inside me.

What do I do? Deny it? Ignore him? Admit it?

"Not yet. " I hold my skirt tighter and step back from my bed.

I was thinking about leaving the room again but it was too dark to move quickly. I almost hobbled when my knee hit the corner of the bed.

"Where do you think are you going?" I heard his voice boomed in the silent room. I halted in my step but didn't turn to him.

I heard him open some drawer then I heard tinkle of my anklets.

"I thought I told you not to remove them ever." I heard his strained voice.  Then I heard him shuffle, maybe he is getting off the bed.

I kept silent and stayed where I was.

Then I felt a finger at the corner of my shoulder, suddenly that finger swipe all my hairs aside over to my right shoulder. 

I shudder when I felt cool air on my back but then it got mixed with his warm breaths. I felt him close behind me,  his heat radiating off to my cold body.

"Why do you always have to defy me?" His nose was touching my ear now and I almost felt like leaning in.

What are you doing sanyukta? You have to stop it. Right now.

I straighten myself up and bring some space between us before turning around to face him. The silver anklets in his hand shine in the little moonlight.

"You have the whole Kingdom to control and make them obey you. Why do you always urge for me to obey?" I stated holding my voice high and firm.

He step closer to me but I didn't back off this time.

"You want to know? Really?" He chuckled darkly. I didn't said anything because I know he will tell me himself.

"Because it please me when you obey." His voice was low.

"When other people obey me, it gave me a sense of power. But when you obey me, which is very rare I must say, it gave me a sense of pleasure. " he tuck my hair behind my ear and then slide the finger down to nape of my neck.

I got flashback of that night. We shouldn't be doing this. 

"And why would I want to please you?" I whispered back leaning in into him. I took my anklets from his other hand and straighten back.

"Because I want you to please me. " he stated as his finger reached to my chin and hold it up.

I was determined this time. I'm not falling for any trap anymore

"Make me." I challenge him as confidently as I could. "If you can " I added.

It was dark but I know he is smirking.

"So if I please you, you will please me?" He questioned almost excited

"It's not going to be easy but you can try." I mumbled to him proudly.

"What do you want? Dresses? Jewellery?  A big house?" He chuckled clearly knowing I don't want anything like that.

"If you really thought I want anything from that then you have to work harder to please me. " I freed my chin from his hold and step back.

"You have the time of only one night. " I set the time limit.

"Win it if you can." I smile in the last before disappearing in the dark.

While randhir just stand there realising such a  challenge she is.

He love challenges.