28.

After that last argument sanyukta never say a word. she look  lost in her own world. right now they are sitting under two fallen trees. though it wasn't comfortable but it better than getting drenched in rain. during all the time of their finding a place to hide,  randhir was relieved and equally suspicious at her silence. did he over step his boundary? 

presently they both have been sitting pasted to each other because of the shortage of space. randhir with his back pressed against the hard part of the fallen tree with his leg speak ahead of him, crossed. while sanyukta was cocooned under his arm and pressed to his side. Randhir tried to ignore the jittery feeling he got everything the lightening strikes and she hold him tighter. he protectively wrapped his arm around her small body and hold her close to him. by this time randhir was feeling cold too. he was drenched too with his upper body unclothed. while his robe on sanyukta is not doing its job well when it's all wet now.

what's happening today is terrible? and randhir found only his fault in what happened today and he knew that he won't be able to forgive himself if anything happened to sanyukta.

this time when the lightening strikes she didn't clutch him tightly in fact he feel her lean into him fully by letting her body weight fall against him which she was hesitant to do before.

he looked down at her head on his chest. 

did she hear my heartbeat all the time?

"you alright? " he called out lightly.

but when she didn't move he could feel his heart beat going higher.

he bring his other hand to hold her face while her face still resting on his chest. he hold her cheek and feel how cold it is. suddenly he realised something. within next moment he hold her face in both hands and look at her.

oh God no

"open you eyes. sanyukta " his sound was urgent

"please just open your eyes " he patted her face lightly but nothing happened.

for a moment he could understand what do he do while he just hold her close to him and close her eyes.

suddenly a crunching voice got his attention.

what the. .who could be here in the dark night during rain..

he quickly pull out his dagger and hold sanyukta more close to him.

I couldn't let anything happen to her.

he looked down at her close eyes and cold face and he just realised that yes, he can die for her.

pressing his mouth  softly against her hair he sigh.

that won't be counted as a kiss right?

he made her unmoving body lay against the tree and then he left the hidden place holding his dagger tightly.

*************

"are you sure she is gone?" the lady ask while Arianna just laughed.

"definitely. " Arianna filled her own glass of wine along with her lady friend

"so no chance of her coming back here?" the lady asked taking a sip.

"not even her dead body." Arianna confirms and copied the lady.

the lady sigh with content.

"that's great then." the lady smiled.

"so I did my part of job. now it's the time you do yours " Arianna emptied her glass.

the lady nodded and emptied her glass too.

"I will suggest him for your engagement." the lady put the glass on table.

"suggest? but the plan was to convince him to marry me." Arianna remind the lady. almost angry by the change of words.

"he is the king. he take his decision himself. so I can just suggest." the lady told her and get up to leave.

"he is your son first then a king. you could do if you really want to." Arianna pointed out angrily and get up too.

the Queen turn around and looked straight into her eyes

"don't you dare raise your voice at me. it was you who came to me first with your confession of almost killing sanyukta. " the Queen voice was low but it was enough to scare away the attitude Arianna got.

"but it was your idea to lock in the .." Arianna was stopped by a deadly glare the Queen gave to her. .

"nobody knows I'm involved. and nobody gonna belive you if you said against me. so rather not try and insult yourself. I could just convince randhir not to kill you and we will see what happens later. " the Queen said and left.

Arianna was left alone in the dark cell and the guards closed the door again. 

she was angry and she didn't know what to do next. she looked at the emptied glass on the table.  she throw it on the floor and quickly took one piece by her thick fingers.

"maybe I shouldn't  have faked it. but we learn from our mistakes right."

she smirked devilishly.

thank you so much

please vote comment

suggestion and criticism both are welcome.