Part: 59 Helplessness

He settled down beside Shehnaaz who was crying miserably, sitting on the bench. He was shedding silent tears. As he placed his hand over her shoulder, she slowly moved her face up to look at him. Both gazed at each other pleadingly, crying. She was pleading him to stop forcing her for abortion and he was pleading her to abort the baby. Both were right on their places.

"Please, I can't take this risk." He requested.

She hid her face in his chest and encircled her arms around him. "I can't do this, Sidharth. How can I," she paused and cried. "How can I kill our baby to protect myself?" She cried louder and louder and his heart was shattering.

He squeezed his eyes shut and cried, hugging her back. "We have to do this because we don't have any other option, Angel." He tried to make her understand, rubbing her back constantly to console her.

She came out of his arms and asked gloomily. "If you were at my place, would you kill our baby to save yourself?"

Both gazed into each other with sorrowful eyes and then he answered her. "This situation is different and you have to understand me. Abortion is the only solution. I'll not put your life at risk." His tone became serious.

"Why you're not understanding me? I'm a mother. How can I do this?"

"Okay, you tell me, what would you do if you were at my place? Would you ever put my life at risk?" He asked.

"I don't know and I don't want to think anything." She stood up from the bench. "I just know that I'll not kill our baby to save myself." She told him her final decision.

"Please, don't force me to kill out baby, please." She begged him, crying sorrowfully.

He closed his eyes dejectedly and took a deep breath to compose himself. "Okay, let's go home. We'll talk about this at home." He also stood up and led her out of the hospital.

Neyonika was sitting in the hall when they reached back home. As her eyes fell over them, she became anxious because she understood by looking at their faces that there was something serious. She stood up and strode towards them. They both gazed her dejectedly.

"What happened? Is everything alright?" She asked fearfully, swaying her eyes from Sidharth to Shehnaaz.

Next moment, she bursted into tears and hugged Neyonika tightly, making her more anxious. She was crying like a baby in her arms. Neyonika hugged her back and looked at Sidharth for the answer. He was fighting back with his tears and gazing at her mother helplessly.

"Doctor asked us to abort the baby because it is risky for Shehnaaz." Neyonika widened her eyes in shock as he told her.

"Mom, I can't do this." She cried more badly and hugged her tightly. Neyonika closed her eyes and tears trickled down her cheeks.

He too cried dejectedly, moving his hand in hair.

They broke the hug and she clasped her face. She tried to make her understand. "Beta, sometime we have to take such big steps in our life. We all are with you. Everything will be fine. You will become mother again. I know it is difficult,"

She uttered, cutting her words. "I thought you would understand me because you're a mother, but," she rushed into her room while crying. Neyonika pursed her lips dejectedly after seeing her condition.

"Mom, we were so happy. Why this is happening?" He cried helplessly, looking at his mother. She wiped her tears and turned her face to him.

"This is life, we have to go through this type of situation in our life. You have to be strong for her." She clasped his face and wiped his tears with her thumbs.

"She is not understanding me, Mom. I can't let her take the risk. I can't lose her." He shook his head. Neyonika cried, seeing his son's condition.

"It is very tough for a mother to take such a big step. Give her some time. She will understand. Everything will be fine. Be strong, we all are with you." She kissed his forehead.

"Go and take care of her, Sidharh. Make her understand with love, don't force her. She will understand you and you both will become parents again. God will bless you both with the baby soon." She was giving him strength and wiping his tears. She herself was crying because her kids were in pain. She was also shattered after knowing this news, but still she was consoling her son like a strong mother.

"I'm also a father, Mom. You know that how much I love kids. It is difficult for me too. My heart is aching. You think, it is easy for me to kill our baby?" As he asked, Neyonika shook her head.

"I can completely understand you. This is tough for both of you. Time will pass, Sidharth. Please, be strong for her."

He hugged her mom tightly. "I can't take this, Mom. It is really difficult to convince her to kill our baby, to kill one part of us and to convince a mother to kill her baby. I can't do this." He became hysterical and cried fretfully in agony in her mother's arms. She too cried sorrowfully, rubbing her back.

What do you think, what will happen next?

Love Mehak