forty seven

[march]

It had been a few weeks of Seulgi coming over to the Kim's residence when Namjoon finally made the decision to let her take Young-Jae out to the park.

Of course, he would still be in sight of the two, but this was the first step in trusting her "alone" with the three year old.

The girl had been nothing but nice to the family, often bringing over food or little toys for Young-Jae. She was polite to everyone, was kind to Jin, and even Taehyung seemed to be more open to her.

In all honesty, Namjoon truly believed that she loved her son and wanted to be there for him.

"You ready?" Namjoon sighed, standing up from in front of Young-Jae's shoes.

The father had been starting to show the three year old how to tie his laces.

"Mmhm!" Young-Jae said with a wide grin on his face. "Is Jinnie appa coming?" he asked, jumping up from the bench as Namjoon slipped his own shoes on.

"Yup. And after, we have to go to the apartment complex to sign some papers," the father said, grabbing his son's hand as they walked out the door.

"We gunna live there, right, Daddy?" the little boy said, skipping to the car.

He patiently waited for Namjoon to open the door, before crawling up into his seat.

"That's right," Namjoon nodded, watching Young-Jae buckle himself in to make sure he was doing it correctly. "Hopefully soon."

-

"Eomma!" the little boy exclaimed as he ran up to the girl sitting on the park bench.

Namjoon smiled as he watched his son running at full speed, clearly happy about seeing his mother.

The minute she heard her son's voice, Seulgi's face lit up, a pure look of excitement in her eyes.

"Hi, Young-Jae! How are you today?" she said with a smile, picking the boy up in her arms for a hug.

"Im grrreat!" he responded, with a toothy grin. "Guess what, eomma! Guess what!" she laughed a little at his excitement.

"What?"

"Yesterday at school, when Ki-won called my shirt a bad word, I did what you told me to do!" Seulgi's eyes widened, and she seemed genuinely curious.

"Oh really? And how did that go?"

Namjoon frowned at this, finally making his way over to the park bench.

He hadn't heard of Young-Jae's classmates picking on him.

And the boy usually told him everything.

"I says 'thank you for the compi-ment' and walk away! Just like you says!" the three year old started giggling. "His face was funny. He was confused!"

Seulgi giggled as well, setting the boy down, seeing as he was getting more energetic.

"Nari says it funny too! She laughed at him! And then we ran away from him and played on the castle," Young-Jae narrated using his arms and jumping up and down. His head turned towards the playground, and he pointed. "Eomma, can I go play on the slide?" he said, with a smile.

Seulgi looked over at Namjoon, waiting for him to give her the 'ok', but he looked like he was too deep in thought.

"Of course. I'll watch you from here," she said with a smile, as the three year old clapped his hands.

"Okay! I'll be back soon, I promise! Bye Daddy!" he yelled out, as he took off running towards the plastic castle.

As the boy left, Seulgi turned to Namjoon.