thirty seven

[february]

"You excited?" Jin smiled wide, as he held Namjoon's hand in his own.

They were sitting at their usual lunch table again after the guys decided that no one was going to bother them.

Namjoon merely nodded, staring at his lunch. Thinking about the game that evening gave him jitters.

"Mhhhm," he mumbled, as Jin let out a small laugh.

He rubbed Namjoon's arm, leaning on his shoulder for comfort.

"You'll be just fine. If the coach believes you're capable of starting in your first game back, you should be proud of yourself."

The younger gave his boyfriend a warm smile, noticing the soft look in his eyes.

"Thanks, babe."

The older boy returned the action and gave him a blinding smile back, creating a fluttering feeling in Namjoon's chest.

Jin leaned in close to his ear.

"You better play well since I'm coming to cheer you on."

The younger rolled his eyes, pretending to not care, but he was turning bright red, as he tried to hold back a smile. Jin laughed, shoving Namjoon a little.

A little happier and a little less nervous, the younger boy went back to eating his lunch, holding Jin's hand under the table.

"Young-Jae is coming to the game tonight, right?" Jimin asked from the other side of the table.

He and Yoongi were huddled together, an arm thrown around the younger boy's shoulder.

Hoseok and Yoongi were making faces at each other with Jimin in between them, the redhead probably making another comment about him third wheeling.

Namjoon nodded, pushing his lunch container over for Jin to share.

"Yeah. I don't think he really knows what's happening, but I think he just likes getting to scream and be crazy with everyone else." Jimin awed, giving a small smile.

"I bet that once people see the way you interact with Young-Jae, they'll stop being so mean to you," Jeongguk commented, as he took another bite of his sandwich.

Namjoon shrugged, sighing a little. "I dunno. Maybe. It seems like the whole situation will go away eventually. It's way better than the first time...I'm glad for that at least."

The table fell mostly into silence, as the other boys didn't really know what to say.

Namjoon would sometimes make a comment about what happened to him in the past, but they were never given the whole story.

None of the boys had ever thought to ask. Not that they didn't care much to know about all the torment and abuse he'd faced, rather they wanted to help him move forward.

The bell rang, signaling the end of lunch, and the boys started moving around, cleaning up before heading off to their next class.

-

Once the bell rang, signaling the end of last period, Namjoon sighed, sinking back into his desk chair.

Yoongi chuckled beside him, shoving the last of his books into his bag.

"You ready?"

Namjoon groaned, throwing both arms on the desk, and resting his head on them.

"No," he whined, as Yoongi laughed, standing up and throwing his book bag on his shoulder. The younger soon followed suit.