one

[august]

"Dadda~" the toddler whined from his crib.

Namjoon sighed, shoving his books into his backpack.

He'd already tried explaining that tomorrow was the first day of school and he needed time to get ready, so Young-Jae would have to stay in his crib for a while.

But...

Namjoon couldn't resist dropping everything when he saw his son's large, innocent eyes and grabby hands held out to him, begging to be picked up and cuddled.

Reaching into the crib, his lips curved in a loving smile as he gently scooped up the small child, settling him on his hip. He then resumed his search for more miscellaneous supplies.

"Yes, Jae-Jae?" he asked softly, tossing a pack of newly bought pencils into the worn-out bag.

"Stolwy. Want stolwy," the toddler pouted.

Namjoon chuckled to himself at his son's adorable mispronunciation.

"I know, I know. But I have to pack before I can read you a bedtime story. If you wait juuust a few minutes, I'll read your favorite." He smiled at his son, watching as the little boy seemed to ponder over the words for a second before nodding his head vigorously.

Tiny, just fully-formed teeth visible in his smile.

Young-Jae threw his small arms around his father's neck, laying his head on Namjoon's shoulder. The teenager patted his son gently, before walking over to the crib and setting him down.

As he stood up, a knock came from the door.

Before he had time to answer, a blonde streak dashed inside, plopping itself down on Namjoon's bed.

"Tae, what's the point of knocking if you come in without permission, anyways," Namjoon lifted an eyebrow at the blonde.

"I was just being courteous by announcing my amazing presence before gracing your room." The younger brother rolled his eyes, jumping up, at the sound of his nephew calling his name.

"Hyung, relax. It's not like you had a girl over, and I was interrupting or something. You're about as sexually active as an old, decrepit grandma..." Taehyung turned to his brother, eyes squinted, finger stroking his chin, "Mmm which on second thought is offensive to grandmas everywhere-" the teenager raised his eyes to the ceiling, before sighing dramatically, "I'm sorry grandmas..."

Namjoon could only stare at his brother in bewilderment.

He would never understand the extent of Taehyung's weird humor.

"Taehyung, I'm seventeen. Why would I have a girl-"

"Hasn't stopped you before, Hyung," the younger brother interjected, sending a pointed look towards the crib with the unsuspecting toddler staring back wide-eyed and innocent.

Namjoon closed his mouth, glaring.

Taehyung nonchalantly shrugged, throwing his hands up as if surrendering, giving Namjoon a look that said, 'Hey, don't look at me, you walked into that one'.

The blonde cleared his throat.

"Plus, having someone over? Ridiculous and unheard of. You have a son to look after- speaking of which- hello my adorable little nephew~" Taehyung cooed.

He picked up the toddler, tickling his tummy and eliciting adorable little giggles from his mouth.

"Tata!" The little boy exclaimed as Taehyung spun him around, before going back in to tickle him again.