CHAPTER 14: A KING

Start bij het begin

"I can't and will never leave her you of all people should know that!" he defended himself.

"Oh so it's okay for you to go around hugging other women while you care about her? Bhai do you even love her?" Before she did believe that her Bhai loved Jannah but now she's not sure anymore. When it comes to their mother she can never be too sure about him.

"Of course I love her!"

She shook her head, "No you don't. Because if you did you wouldn't go around with that...whore!"

"Okay watch your language and don't go around insulting people you don't know!" he didn't know he was defending her but perhaps it might've been the fact that Bilkisu is different from those other girls, he could tell because he's the one going out with them and not her. "Mamitah likes her..."

"So what? Mamitah liked all the other girls but guess what she got over it didn't she?!"

"Don't raise your voice at me, and don't try to act like you know everything because you don't. You know nothing"

Fatimah raised her hand to say something as her lips part but instead decided against it. She huffed lowly before shaking her head whilst still maintains eye contact with him. She waited to see if he'll elaborate or take back what he said but it never came. Instead, came a deafening silence and a stare off that none was willing to give up. She gulped turning around and walked away leaving him there alone with his thoughts.

She didn't want to stay back there and argue with him over something he clearly won't listen. If she didn't know any better then she'd say that he has been charmed but if he's being charmed by anything then it's his mother. She knew that, he knew that, they all knew so there was no point of trying to get him goes against her.

Suhad stayed in the living room alone until a maid came and told him that lunch has been served. He nodded and thanked her before heading to the dinning where the three sat waiting for him.

Mamitah left the head of the table for him as usual except when his father is around while she sat by his left leaving Bilkisu to sit by his right. Fatimah sat quietly beside Mamitah eating her food not paying attention to them as if they aren't even there.

Suhad sat down and Mamitah served him his food; again, as usual-he wasn't complaining though.

"I was just speaking with Bilkisu here when she told me that she finished her university this year" Mamitah said after a few minutes of silence. The only sound heard before she spoke up was the clank of spoons on plates.

"Yeah" Suhad nodded forcing a small smile on his face for his mother.

"She's also staying here for a week more, don't you think you two have enough time to go out again?" Mmaitah asked.

"I have work throughout"

"Nonsense!" Mamitah waved it off with a small laugh. She turned to Bilkisu, "He's always working, you should definitely think of what to do with his work after you get married. You can't have him working all the time right?"

"Yeah" Bilkisu laughed too, "But that's what makes him a hard working man"

"I guess so" Mamitah agreed grinning suddenly proud of how her son works. "So...does that mean I should start thinking of planning a wedding soon?" she asked the two looking at them with a hopeful smile on her face.

Suhad and Bilkisu looked at each other as Bilkisu smiled slightly, "It actually all depends on Suhad"

"Well..."Mmaitah turned to Suhad.

"Mamitah don't you think it's a little too early to start thinking about a wedding?" he asked in atone that's supposed to hint Mamitah that he doesn't plan on marrying the girl no matter how perfect she is. She just isn't the one that he loves.