CHAPTER 46: ESCAPE PLAN

ABUJA, NIGERIA.

Daihaah rose her hand and smacked her right across the face, hard.

Layla gasped, her hand flying over to close her mouth that hung open in shock. Still stunned, she didn't have time to react before Daihaah landed another slap right across the woman's face, followed by another.

That was when Layla snapped out of whatever trance she's in, and hurried to pull Daihaah away before she could slap Sarah again. "Daihaah, stop it" She held her twin who was trying to break out of her hold and beat Sarah.

Sarah simply looked down, the tears streaming down her face.

"Stop what?!" Daihaah yelled. For the first time since she got married to Aamir, she's happy that he isn't there to stop her from doing some serious damage at the moment. "That woman killed Jannah's parents!" She chocked up on a sob.

"Violence is not the answer to this Daihaah" Layla, being the ever so calm person she is, said, blocking Daihaah's view away from Sarah. Layla glanced at Sarah who stood, sobbing. She then moved her gaze to her twin sister, "Sarah is our sister Daihaah, you can't do this to her"

Daihaah scoffed, trying to blink back the tears. "Did you not hear what I just said?" Her voice came out low as she spoke to her twin, "That woman" She pointed her finger at Sarah, "Killed Jannah's parents" Her breathing came out heavy, making her voice come out shaky, "How could she be our sister?"

Layla inhaled deeply. She understood how Daihaah felt. She's angry too. But she knew violence will never be the answer to their family's problems. Especially not when Sarah and Jameel travelled all the way to Abuja, along with Didi so they could correct her wrongdoings.

They all left the three to talk and work things out, not fight. Layla took it upon her as the eldest between the twin to ensure that they work it all out. Sarah is willing to face the consequence of her actions, and testify against their father. What more could they want from her?

Layla wasn't sure, but she knew Sarah might be older than them. It only makes sense if Saheeb is her twin brother. How their father ended up having them before he married their mother remained a mystery to them. Even she had no idea of that.

Layla gulped, releasing a shaky breath. "Daihaah you know how our father is. She didn't do it because she wanted to"

Daihaah wanted to understand what Layla is trying to say to her. Yet, every time she tries to do so, Jannah's broken face when she saw her parents dead show up in her memory. She couldn't just forget that and justify her actions because she's their so called sister. Or because she didn't want to do it, she was just following orders.

They all knew how messed up Jabeer is. And for them to have him as a father is simply a test from Allah. However, it isn't easy to forget the pain Sarah caused upon her best friend.

Daihaah remained rooted in her spot, glaring at her newfound sister. After everything she had learnt about in her life, she's still taken aback by how she has another sibling without her knowing. Her life really is an odyssey of unforeseen events.

When Layla realized that her twin sister is calm enough to not try and kill Sarah again, she stepped away from her and turned to the other woman. "Sarah..." She called out.

Sarah looked up, her face tear stricken. "I'm sorry" She spoke, her shaky voice, low. "I'd pay for everything I did, I promise"

Daihaah glared at her. She really did want to feel pity for the woman. Yet, she couldn't find it in her to do so. So, she gritted her teeth. "You better" She spat, before she turned around and stormed away.