CHAPTER 50: ACCEPTANCE

Stuck with you by Justin Bieber and Ariana Grande.

For Jannah, a lot has happened in a year. Despite the fact that she left her husband to find out the truth about her family, she took the year as a time to recuperate and return as a better person.

Hence, why she changed.

She had quit her internship at ANNA'S, though she was sure that she would've been fired if she didn't quit considering what they did to the woman. And with that, she was rendered jobless.

But she didn't mind. She and Kamal spent time with birthmother and father, getting to know them better and actually enjoy the feeling of having a real, complete and happy family. It took a while of adjusting but they all put it efforts.

After all, they all just wanted to be happy since there was no one that would cause them problems again.

Eventually, Kamal had to return back home along with Maria since they have to work on Jabeer's case. Jannah decided to stay back, as she wasn't ready to go back yet. So, the family returned back to Nigeria without her.

She started working under another fashion designer, thanks to Layla's recommendation. The designer is a friend of Layla's so Jannah didn't have to struggle to get a spot in the place. Besides, as soon as she showed the designer her talents, they understood why Layla rooted for her. Jannah is exceptionally talented when it comes to her work.

Luckily for her, she was given the chance to participate in designing a new fashion line, and that was how she got her instant success. Currently, she's one of the best designers they have in the agency and she got her fame from it. And with such fame came the riches.

Considering she spent the year rekindling with her family and building a stable career for herself, she didn't have any maniac high or depressive episodes. She was perfectly okay and in the best condition she could be.

She had the peace she didn't have for the past five years. That was all she ever yearned for.

Her return only meant one thing, that she is ready to continue from the spot she stopped.

Jannah chuckled when Daihaah embraced her, followed by Fatimah. "Loosen up, will you? I can only take so much" She said.

The two laughed, but pulled back eventually. Well, more like Fatimah pulled back and had to drag Daihaah away from Jannah with force since she didn't want to let go.

Jannah grinned and moved her gaze back to Kamal who simply stood staring at her with the biggest grin on his face. "Did I miss much?"

"You're just on time" He walked towards her, and embraced his younger sister.

She returned the embrace, "I was worried my dramatic entrance would make me late" She cackled, patting his back lightly. When she pulled back, she glanced at Bilkisu who was watching them with a grin mirroring theirs. "I guess I don't have to worry about you dying single again. Someone saved you for being given as sadaqah sha" She teased.

This made everyone laugh, except for Kamal who shook his head and walked back to his wife, muttering something about her avenging what he and Bilkisu had done to Suhad.

At the mention of his name, her smile faltered a bit, but she was quick to hide it. "If you keep whining like this, she'll soon leave you oh! Daman temaka maka tayi. I'll help her find another husband seff"

"You won't let me enjoy my wedding day in peace, will you?"

"Nope" She shook her head, flashing him a cheeky grin.