CHAPTER 49: CIAO, ADIOS

ONE YEAR LATER.

ABUJA, NIGERIA.

"Babe!"

Kamal chuckled, raising his hands up, "What? I'm just giving an idea"

"How is having a wedding event in prison a good idea?" She shook her head; eyes slightly widen in horror.

The others chuckle, including Kamal who shrugged. "You said you want it in a place that no one has ever had before so why not prison? We'll have DJ Jabeer and MC Lamido on the beat. It'll be a memorable wedding!"

"Oh Allah have mercy on my soul" Bilkisu face palmed herself, "How did I end up with you please?" She glanced at her fiancé, and soon to be husband.

Kamal shrugged, "Is it not you that fell for me hard?"

"I did not"

"You did too. Weren't you the one that even confessed first?"

Bilkisu glanced at the others that were staring at them amused with red cheeks, then glanced back at him and glared at him, "Shut up" She said through gritted teeth, before he could embarrass her any further.

Kamal chuckled again, but didn't say anything further. He knew if he did, she would send him to an early grave. He had already embarrassed her enough.

"How did we not realize that you two are in a relationship before?" Daihaah asked, patting the back of her sleeping baby that lay in Aamir's arms.

"I know right" Fatimah said, with legs crossed.

Aahil glanced at her, then cackled. He liked the fact that she had gotten over Kamal, even if it did take another two more 'I'm over him(s)' but it happened eventually. Now, she's happy just like everyone else is for the two.

Suhad sighed, shaking his head as he crossed his arms over his torso, leaning back on the chair he's sitting on. "I feel so used" He muttered, making the others laugh at him. He didn't need to elaborate, they all understood that he meant how Bilkisu used him to get back with Kamal.

He didn't like her, but he still complains about it all the time—especially when Bilkisu teases him about being easily gullible.

"Hey no hard feelings" Kamal said to Suhad, grinning from ear to ear, "If not for you, we wouldn't be getting married in three weeks from now"

"Yeah...no need to feel gullible" Bilkisu muttered teasingly, but they all heard her.

While the others found it amusing, Suhad sulked, as always.

He doesn't get why the girl likes attacking him. When the teasing started back then, he used to tease her back, until Kamal started helping her. And when the two gang up on someone, it's impossible for the person to win. So, he gave up really quick.

It wasn't like he has a partner to help him anyways.

Suhad shook his head again, deciding to let her have that one. Moving his gaze to Kamal he spoke, "You're supposed to be thanking me not teasing me"

"You vex?" Kamal laughed.

"Obviously" Bilkisu joined him.

Daihaah and Prince shared a look, before they chuckled. "And they call us the Tasmanian devil couple"

"Clearly, they haven't met these two" Prince chuckled, making her nod in agreement.

Suhad glanced at the time on the wrist watch, "Let's continue this later, Prince and I have to round up the documents" He said standing up.